Chapter 1

Recap.

"Luke's hurt!" He whaled, "He told me he'd be right behind me, but I know he really stopped following me a long time-"

The panting boy was cut of buy a ding and loud explosion that sent the whole group diving to the ground with there hands over their ears.

"Luke!" They all cried out, not really able to hear one another over the explosion. When the noise had ended, Ricky slowly got to his feet, a frown on his face as he called out for Luke, only he called him daddy.

Chapter 1.

"Ricky!" Bella yelled as the boy dashed towards the torn up ground.

Ashton dashed forward, grabbing Ricky by the arm and picking him up. He wrapped his small arms around Ashton's neck, sobbing loudly.

Bella leaned on Mikey, tears streaming down her face. Firefighters and police officers had gone inside to find Luke and a few other officers that had been left there during the explosion.

"You'll at least find one body!" An officer yelled to another officer while running inside. Bella let out a cry at the sentence.

Michael held onto her tightly, running circles soothingly on her back.

"I didn't get to say bye, Mikey," Bella cried, soaking the shoulder of the boy's shirt.

"We need a stretcher, now!" An EMT emerged from the shattered steps, waving two others over. They quickly ran over with the stretcher, everyone watched closely as they loaded an unconscious body onto it.

"Lucas," Bella cried out. Ashton covered Ricky's eyes.

Luke laid lifelessly on the stretcher, getting rushed through the woods. He was the palest he's ever been with blood dripping down the side of his face and cuts all over him. His clothes were ripped and dirtied and bloody. It was the worst thing to see, ever.

Bella squeezed her eyes shut. Ashton was crying, Calum was, Michael was, Ricky was, Bella was.

Dots blurred Bella's vision and her surroundings began to spin around her. Michael had blood on his shirt when he looked down at her he could see it.

"Shit, Bella, your cuts bleeding a lot." He reached his hand up to the cut on her eyebrow, but she passed out and started to fall to the ground. Michael panicked, both and and Calum grabbed her immediately and rushed her out of the woods.

Ashton took a few shaky breathes before tightening his grip on Ricky and running through the woods behind Calum and Michael.

Luke had already been sent off in one ambulance, everyone unsure on his conditions or if he was even breathing. Bella was loaded into another and someone came to take Ricky from him.

Ashton continued to hold onto Ricky, "W-what are you going to do with him?"

"Sir, we're just going to take him to the hospital to make sure everything's alright." The EMT went to grab Ricky again. Ashton clutched onto the child, shaking his head.

"N-no. I'll drive him there, he doesn't want to go in the ambulance. Just let me drive him, please." Ashton spoke sternly, yet with nerves clear in his voice.

Calum walked over, "What's wrong?"

The EMT who was extremely aggravated, turned to Calum. "You're friend here won't let us take the kid to the hospital in the ambulance."

"Sorry." Calum apologized, turning to his mate. "Ashton, they'll let you ride in there with Ricky. You should actually go to the hospital too."

"I don't need to and I can make sure Ricky's fine at home." He shook his head, "Ricky, you're okay, right?"

"Just tired," Ricky mumbled with his head on Ashton's shoulder.

"See? He's just tired and I can let him sleep at home." Ashton argued.

"Ricky you need to go to the hospital so they can make sure your okay, buddy." Calum cooed at the boy. He held out his arms for Ricky who hesitantly leaned for him.

Ashton let go of Ricky and walked away crying. Calum couldn't do anything to help Ashton at the moment, so he focused on the child and brought him into the ambulance letting him fall asleep on his lap on the ride.

"Please make sure he's okay." Calum had said before leaving.

Ashton broke down, sitting cross cross in front of a tree with his head in his hands.

"What if I lose everyone?" He whispered to himself, tears rushing down his face. His head was pounding and it felt like his stitches from the long ago bullet wound would rip at any given time, but all he could think about was the three people he watched get sent to the hospital.