Chapter 26

3rd PERSON.

A pillow dropped my Luke's feet. Luke's eyes followed the pillow then locked with Bella's. "Why'd you just throw a pillow at me?!" He asked, picking it up from the cold tiles and tossing it back onto Bella's bed.

"Because I hate you." She grunted, crossing her arms, "your voice, your face, your-ugh, gosh I hate you."

Luke took his guitar off him and leaned it against the chair on the side of his. "Well then...doesn't that make me feel great. And why do you hate me? All I did was sing to you!"

"I hate what you do to me. You make me so conflicted, I hate loving you."

Luke sighed, shaking his head. "What?"

"One minute I want to kill you and the next you try to serenade me with music and-God Luke why are you so annoying?" Bella laid back down on her bed, her fingers crossed together over her stomach and her eyes on the ceiling.

"You're being mean," Luke sighed and pouted. Bella pushed to one side of the bed and Luke laid on the empty side, grabbing Bella's hand from her stomach and lacing their fingers together letting their hands rest between them.

"I should punch you," Bella mumbled, barely audibly. Her face was buried in Luke's chest and her arm was slung over him. "But I'm too tired too because this dumb medicine...ugh."

Luke's chest vibrated against Bella's face as he laughed. "you're something else babe."

And then Bella fell asleep, again.

Luke just laid there, staring at the ceiling and trying to think happy thoughts. He eventually dozed of too.

They were woken up by a doctor who came to make sure everything was good with Bella and then, he released her and Bella truly didn't want to go home. She wanted to stay in the hospital curled up in that uncomfortable bed thinking about the baby she wanted, but could have in her arms. She wanted to decide if it was actually a good idea to even stay with Luke after everything he's done.

"Bella, aren't you coming?" Luke asked, attempting to pull her hand.

"Oh, um, y-ya." Bella stuttered, turning away from the bed and following Luke out of the hospital. She thought that the next time she'd be leaving a hospital she'd be carrying her new born little girl and excited as all hell to just go home, but she wasn't.

And she wanted to break down again, but that wasn't going to help anyone.

They slipped into Luke's car and he began to drive off well Bella stared out the window thinking about the baby, because that's all she cared to think about at the moment.

When they pulled up to the house Ricky came running out, jumping onto Bella and tightly wrapping his arms around her neck.

"Mummy, mummy, mummmyyy." He squeezed her tightly.

Luke glanced over at them, a little sad that he hadn't see Ricky for months and Ricky didn't seem to care about him at all.

"Hi baby," Bella tried to sound happier then she felt, Bella started walking with Ricky on her hip.

"Bella, you shouldn't do that. The doctor said not to carry anything heavy well you were still on the meds," Luke piped up, stepping forward to grab Ricky.

"I'll walk." Ricky looked up at Bella, not even glancing over at Luke who had his arms held out. Luke slowly dropped his arms to his sides and trailed behind as the two walked ahead.

Calum, Michael, and Ashton all took time to hug Bella before they all went to sit on the couch. Ricky sat right by Bella, discreetly moving to the opposite side when Luke came over.

"Ricky, why are you all dirty baby?" Bella asked, brushing her hand over the powdery dirt on her son's shirt. His arms were a bit dirty, his hands too, and his knees.

"I was burying my baby?" He sighed dramatically, looking away.

"You were what?!" Everyone quickly turned to Ricky, now confused and interested.

"My baby died, mummy, I had to bury her." He said casually, "Its sad, but now my sister has an angel so it's okay."

Bella looked at Ashton, Calum, and Michael. "What did he bury?"

"I-I didn't even know he was digging." Michael but his lip.

"So no one was watching my kid while he was outside? Great." Bella groaned, standing up from the couch. She grabbed Ricky's arm and dragged him outside. "Ricky, tell me what you buried."

"My baby!" He groaned, "I said that."

"He was playing over here," Ashton nodded over to the corner of the yard. Sure enough a pile of dirt was sitting there with a daffodil laid on top.

"Please don't do that," Ricky furrowed his eyebrows as Calum knelt down, picking up the gardening shovel. He began digging up the spot again, he didn't have to dig far before the air of a stuffed bear was sticking out of the ground. He finished pulling it out and held up the dirty stuffed teddy.

"Hey, you put him back Uncle Cal!" Ricky stepped forward, snatching the bear. "He's the word I can't say in front of mummy." He cupped his hands over his mouth whispering, "Dead."

No body really knew how to react, they just kind of stared at Ricky until he knelt back down and placed the bear back in the dirt with tears streaming down his face as his covered it again. "Go check on sissy." He whispered, throwing that last bit of dirt over the bear.

Bella turned around, walking away so Ricky wouldn't have to see her cry. Luke quickly rushed over to Bella, putting his arm around her shoulder and pulling her into his chest. "Shh baby, it's okay."

"Luke, just stop." Bella shook him off and walked into the house.