Chapter Eighteen: Confessions and Curiosities

Começar do início

"Why are you smirking? What are you up to Harris?"

"Nothing. Oh look at the time I have to go." She looked at the invisible watch on her wrist and got up and started to walk out of the room.

"Harris. Don't you even think about it."

"What? I'm not doing anything. Now go put them clothes away and I'll see you in the morning. Goodnight Phillips." Isabelle scowled and closed the door.

Charlotte walked along the corridor quickly and with her speed she was on the other side of the building within seconds. She carried on walking down the boys corridor. A boy who had his back turned to her was engrossed in a conversation with other boys. Charlotte walked up to him and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around abruptly and smiled. "Hello Charlotte what do I owe the pleasure?"

"I'm looking for Leo."

"I'm sorry I don't know him." 

"Cut the crap Dylan. Just tell me which room." She folded her arms upon one another and tapped her foot. "Please just tell me."

"What do I get out of it?"

"Nothing."

"Bit harsh." He stared at her.

"Dylan it's been 4 months since we broke up, can you please not act like a jerk still. Oh wait it's in your nature. Dylan the jerk. Dylan who don't care who he hurts. Dylan who cheated on me with some girl. Do I need to go on?"

"No fine. He's in his room. Room 29." Charlotte started to walk away but Dylan tugged on her arm. "I'm sorry about everything I did. I didn't mean to hurt you."

"Funny way of showing it."

"Please Char..."

"I don't need to hear it Dylan. We broke up end of now I have to go. Bye boys." The boys Dylan was standing with just stared at her as she walked away. 

Charlotte knocked on room 29 and waited. Leo answered the door, he had his bare chest showing and shorts on. His hair was a mess and his green eyes were bright. "Good evening Leo."

"Charlotte." He smiled. Charlotte barged past him and let herself into his room. "Do you do this too everyone?"

"Yep. Now sit." He closed the door and sat on the bed. "How was your trip?"

"It was good." 

"Come on elaborate it." She tapped her foot.

"Okay fine. It was better than good. I found out more about Isabelle and I think she trusts me."

"So you and Isabelle are...?"

"Friends. What else would we be?" 

"Oh god sake! You're as stubborn as she is."

"What are you talking about Charlotte?"

"You like her don't you." He hesitated a little bit and finally answered.

"Kind of." he wiped his forehead. "Yeah I do. But I think it's too early to say anything to her." 

"I agree.. wait until she's settled in completely... Tell me what you like about her?"

"How long are you planning to stay here for Charlotte?" Leo looked at her curiously.

"However long it takes you to tell me. Now spill." Leo huffed and laid down on his bed staring at his ceiling.

"Her smile is beautiful, when she is generally happy I can't see the darkness surrounding her like when I first met her. When we was in Pennsylvania, we found her dad."