Chapter 5

One.
Two.
Three.
Click.

Alexis listened carefully to every sound her ears could catch.  Something seemed to click every three seconds.  She figured it was a camera positioned somewhere in the dark.

One.
Two.
Three.
Click.

She kept her head down and stared up at her hair.  Her normally very pretty brown curls were now knotted, tangled, and unruly.  She whipped her head upward quickly, causing her hair to sling back to its usual position on her shoulders.

Click click click.

Alexis paused.

One.
Two.
Three.
Click.

She jumped to her feet and whipped her head around looking for the camera.

Click click click click.

"Quit taking pictures of me."   She growled into the dark.  Her eyes were past well adjusted to the darkness, and they finally landed on the small camera positioned on the wall.  She took a step toward it.

Click click click.

"You want pictures?" Alexis asked, cocking her head to one side as she slunk towards the camera.

Click click click click.

"I'll give you pictures." Suddenly she pounced forward towards the camera, only to be jerked back by her chains.

Clickclickclickclick.

"STOP!"  Alexis flailed and struggled against her chains to get to the camera, her hair flying everywhere and her arms a blur of strained skin and nails.  "COME OUT AND FACE ME!"

Clickclickclickclickclickclickclick.