Chapter 4

Molly sat with her head in her hands as she weeped softly. Everything has happened so fast.

Alexis is gone. She was supposed to support her and help her, and now she's gone. Taken away.

And Jim. How could he do that to her those few months ago. Tie her up like that and...

Molly balled her hands into fists and hit the wall. She recoiled a bit, scared at how angry she was.

She stood up and walked into the kitchen to make some tea. The warmth would calm her down.

Why Alexis? She thought to herself. She hasn't done anything to anyone. Why her?

The tea kettle screamed and Molly just let it for a few seconds. She imagined it was her screaming, letting out all of her frustration and anger and sorrow.

She finally took the kettle off and began making her tea just how she liked it. She sat down on the sofa and sipped it slowly.

Dani hopped up on the sofa and looked around before turning to Molly and letting out a small mew. "I know, Dani... I miss her too...." The little kitten curled up in Molly's lap and sadly laid her head down, staring out into the room.

There has to be something they can do -- some kind of clue they're missing. Molly set down her tea and softly nudged the little cat out of her lap. She took a deep breath before walking into Alexis's room.

It was just how she left it. The room smelled slightly of the perfume she used, and it made Molly's sorrows grow deeper. Everything was neat and tidy except...

Molly went over and looked at the shards of wood on the floor. It must have been her music box... Why was it shattered? She looked around in the wood and found a golden locket buried in the debris. She opened it and gasped when she saw the woman smiling back at her.

She grabbed her coat and dialed a number on her phone as she hurried out the door.

"Hello?"

"Mycroft, yes hi." She hailed a cab and talked hurriedly into the phone. "I've found something that might be interesting to you."