Telling the Parents

Start from the beginning

“She did what!?” I exclaimed.

“She destroyed, obliterated, demolished, annihilated, erad—”

“Okay! I get your point,” I said. “But how did she do it?”

“She asked to borrow the keys to the car so I said sure assuming that she was going to the store or somewhere close. But no she went into the forest and crashed my car into a tree.”

My mouth hung open after he finished. I don’t want to sound mean but how could she be so stupid. Doesn’t she know that a mustang is a sports car and it wasn’t built to drive through a forest. If she wanted to do something, crazy like that she should have borrowed a jeep. Besides who in the world takes a causal drive through the forest anyway or at least in Florida?

“Well did she get hurt?” I asked.

“Nope she hopped out just in time,” he replied. Suddenly the door opened beside me and Landon peered in with a smile.

“Get in the back seat princess today I’m going to be your chauffeur,” he said and I rolled my eyes but did as he asked.

“So what were you guys talking about,” Landon asked once we were on the road.

“We don’t want to talk about it,” I replied. Just thinking about it pissed me off and it wasn’t even my car.

“It’s okay Rosa,” Carter said quietly. “Angel totaled my car.”

“She did what!?” Landon almost shouted while looking back and forth between the road and Carter.

“To make the long story short she drove my car into the forest and crashed it into a tree,” he replied looking out the window. His hands turned into fists and I looked out the window to. A mustang that looked exactly like Carter’s mustang was next to us.  I frowned feeling a little sad for Carter’s loss.

“Was she high?” Landon asked catching us off guard. “Or drunk?”

“What?” Carter asked.

“Landon!” I exclaimed hitting him on the arm. “Don’t ask those types of questions.”

“Hey you never know she could have been under the influence,” Landon said shrugging it off.

“No she was not under the influence,” Carter said through gritted teeth. “You think I would have let her drive under the influence!”

“Whoa calm down buddy I’m just teasing,” Landon said uneasily.

“This isn’t funny Landon,” I spoke up. “Try to put yourself in Carter’s position. You just insulted the guy.”

“I’m sorry man I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings,” Landon said glancing at Carter who was trying to keep control of his anger.

“Seriously Landon ‘hurt your feelings’ are you trying to make things worse?”

“Both of you just shut up!” Carter shouted and Landon stopped the car with a screeching halt. We turned to look at Carter our eyes wide as we watched him open the car door and jump out of the car. Before we could say stop he was already in wolf form and off into the forest.

“You know this is your fault Landon,” I said as I climbed into the front seat and closed the front door.

“How is this my fault?” he asked as he started to drive again.

“You shouldn’t have insulted him,” I replied looking out the window wondering if I could see Carter’s grey wolf.

“No you should have kept your mouth shut about my unintentional insults,” he snapped.