Chapter 20 - A Solution And A Goodbye

Start from the beginning

I smile, "So that's it. I'm going home."

"Yup." She nods and hands me the bean, "Let's go to the center of the garage and use it. That way nothing else gets sucked in with you."

I nod and follow her with a spring in my step. As I'm walking, I look around the garage. I feel as if I'm going to miss this place. I then suddenly remember my hair and how it's almost animated. If this never happened, I would be stuck here forever. 

But would it be that bad?

Shaking those thoughts aside, I turn to them, keeping my distance to make sure they don't get hurt, "So, this is it huh?"

Hiro nods, "It is."

I sway back and forth, my eyes looking at everything but them, "So...how does this work? I'm not used to this whole....goodbye thing."

Tadashi smiles softly, "Well, you just say goodbye to us and say a few things before you leave."

"Oh....Well, um, goodbye to all of you. I'm happy to call you all friends. You all have been so kind to me and L-Lily...It's more than we could ask for. Goodbye especially to the Hamadas for taking me in and helping me with...everything. You two have shown me more kindness that anyone has in my life...Well, minus the gang but you get the point. Thanks." I take a deep breath, fiddling with my ring, its blue gem shining in the light, "And...if Lily were here, she'd give you all a hug but I'm here. And I won't do that because that's really out of character..... And say goodbye to Cass and Mochi, will ya? They've done so much. And umm... That's it."

Fred immediately squishes me into a hug, Baymax following suite. I gasp, taken aback by the sudden hug.

"Please don't goooo~!" Fred whines, hugging me tightly.

I try to pry out of the hug but Baymax is behind me. I look at Tadashi for help and he chuckles at my silent plead.

"Come on Fred, Baymax. Let the poor girl go. She needs to go back home." He says, pulling Fred and Baymax away from me.

"But Valerie staying would improve everyone's neurotransmitters."

I sigh, "But I have to go. You know that, don't you Baymax?"

"Yes." 

"Then let's go."

Without any hesitation, I crush the bean under my foot, using all my frustration to help me. I crush it until it's nothing but dust. The dust surrounds me like before and a huge portal opens up. I take a peak inside. It's dark inside and it looks endless. I gulp at the thought of not being able to get home.

"Well," I start to say, my eyes staring at the portal, "This is it."

"I guess so." I hear Gogo say and I nod.

I take a deep breath, feeling a surge of confidence in me. I have to get home. I just have to.

Without looking back, I step inside, not knowing what will happen next.
_____________________________________

💜 UPDATE (01/09/17) 💜

How's everyone doing during the first week of 2017? Everything going well?

I hope so. ❤

Now, I'm happy to say that there's only two more chapters left!

YAY.

I'm super excited to finally finish this book and go work on Book two!! WOOOO!

So, why don't we stop all this talking and go right into it?

LET'S GOOOOO!

- DisnerdFangirl 😺💞