Chapter 19 - Comfort

(Edited) ~(•-•)~

The days I've spent without Lily aren't as bad as I though it would.

Sure, I sulk around the house at times and just sit on the couch, watching some of Cass' shows with her and Mochi. I sometimes see Lily around the house and it makes me tear up. The fact that I'm animated up to my neck isn't helping at all and the sight of that alone makes me upset.

But, surprisingly, the brothers have stuck with me. They've constantly have tried to make me happy and smiling. They make me do tasks and help them with their superhero life to keep me busy and my mind off of death.

I'm glad I have them.

I just hope they don't end up like everyone else.

Dead.

************

I'm in a dark room. I can't see anything. I look around for anyone but all I see is a faint reflection of myself. I bend down to touch it but it disappears. In it's place is another reflection. It's very faint and all I can make off it the person's light brown hair and bright green eyes. I stare at the green eyes, feeling as if I know them. Suddenly, that reflection disappears and I stand up and walk around. 

As I'm walking around, I bump into a small figure. Her brown eyes scan my face and I feel myself squirm for some reason.

"Lily? Where am I? Where are you?" I ask as I look at her.

"Nowhere. I am dead."

I flinch at the word and Lily smirks. I feel my blood go cold as I notice that her eyes aren't warm and filled with joy like they always are. Instead, they're cold and filled with hate. It makes me nervous.

Suddenly, the scenery changes and I notice a little girl shouting something to the ground while sitting in a pool of blood. My heart stops at the change of scenery.

"You promised me! You promised! Don't leave me alone! Please!" The girl wails, flailing her arms as she sobs.

I cover my mouth to avoid sobbing myself. The girl keeps sobbing, her white dress being tainted from the blood below her.

Lily comes up behind me, "Promises are such a weird thing aren't they."

"Why did you show me this?" I ask, my eyes water as I watch a mother pull the young girl away.

"To show you why you don't deserve it."

"I'm assuming you mean people." I say, my arms crossed over my chest.

"Aren't you so smart?" She says, lightly patting my cheek, "People need people but when anything Valerie touch dies, let's just say we don't need another plague."

I shake my head in disgust, "That's not who I am and you know it! I try."

"But you fail. First him," She gestures to the pool of blood the little girl was sitting in and I immediately look away, "Auntie Carla, Abuelo and now me. How many people have to die before you realize that you are dangerous?"