Evil Hope

(Reader's POV)

I practically ran back home after the boring school day and quickly saying bye to my friends. The afternoon wasn't passing by quickly and I got onto the internet and started reading stories. There was a story or legend about how a boy's grave lost a letter off of his last name. I was called to dinner when I got to the second chapter of the story. I ate quickly, greeted my dad's friend, Alex, and ran back to my room, expecting to finish the chapter before Bunny arrived.

"You run almost as fast as I hop." Bunny grinned and I threw myself in his arms. He embraced me like the first time he took me to his warren.

"So what are we doing to day?" I kissed his cheek, wrapping my arms around him.

He kissed my forehead, stroking my hair.  "Obviously going back to the warren." He tapped his foot. "Unless I'm too much for you." His paw traced from my jawline to my chin and he winked.

"I can't get enough of you." I kissed him.

We hopped into the tunnel and slid into the entrance of the warren. The grass seemed to glow in a neon green color. Butterflies flew around me, placing a flower crown on my head. Eggs were scattered or walking through the grass idly.

Bunny smiled at me. "You look beautiful." His accent was thick and creamy, like one of the chocolates he would give me. He wrapped his arms around my waist from behind me.

I felt myself blush. "Thank you," I barely managed to whisper, softly scratching his chin.

He grinned, and moved his head away before he would thump. He picked me up and hoisted me onto his back. He hopped past the cherry blossom trees and into some tall grass. We laughed as I took in the breeze and the smells of the warren. The soft, fresh pollen, the fresh paint, the smell of the newly, bloomed eggs, the sunlight against the fresh green grass. Its warmth filled my lungs like I could be thrown in a blizzard and not feel a thing, like spring would exist forever here. Then, Bunny brought me to the river of paint. We sat in the tall grass near its border.

He held my hand and kissed it. "I hope one day you can live here." He winked at me. "I promise you won't have a dull moment." He grinned.

I laughed lightly. "It'd be interesting if my family ever wanted to visit though."

His eyes widened.

"Bunny?"

He forced a smile. "I wasn't thinking about that."

"You don't think about anything." We looked up at Pitch on the other side of the river.

Bunny instantly got on his feet. "What are you doing in my warren?"

"Just making sure you think things through. After all, I am the one who tells the truth you fear." Pitch grinned. "Did you think of her life when you were considering taking it, Bunnymund?"

I stood up and looked at Bunny. "Take my life?"

"He means having you live with me and all." He glared at Pitch

"Oh, but it's so much more." Pitch's grin grew wide. "She has parents. She's human and you're an animal." He stepped closer. "And she's aging."

Bunny's eyes narrowed.

"Did you really think the two of you could be together forever? OH, wait. You did because you asked the man in the moon for help on that."

Bunny continued to glare at Pitch.

Pitch smiled. "He said he didn't have anything. But, I do." He grinned at me. "But will you make him do it even if it's wrong?"

"What are you talking about?" My brows furrowed at him.

He simply smiled. "Find me when you need me Bunnymund." He stepped back into the shadow and was gone.

Bunny sighed and laid back onto the grass. "Does Pitch have to be so..."

"Evil?" I laid next to Bunny.

He sighed again. "I was going to say right, but yes. He is evil too."

"What was he talking about?"

Bunny moved his head to look at me. "I realized that you will age. That you can't be with me forever, so I asked the man in the moon for help with that. He told me he couldn't help me." He closed his eyes tightly. "And unfortunately, Pitch is giving me hope that he has something."

"But it's something terrible." I stroked his cheek.

"Yes." He pulled me close to him and stroked my hair. His eyes were in agony but had a hint of some sort of light. The hope that Pitch was giving him. "I love you, and I want to be with you forever, (_your name_)."

"I love you too, Bunny."

He kissed me, pressing my body against his. He kissed me again as I wrapped my arms around his neck. Our bodies became intertwined by our warmth. Our hearts were touching each other by our warm, soul-bounding kisses.

I could feel Bunny kissing my neck as my face was touched by the warm sunlight. His arms held me like we could never be torn apart. He kissed my cheek as he stroked my hair more.

His eyes pierced into mine. "I have a feeling things will get more dangerous, so I guess I'll have to teach you how to use one of my boomerangs." He smiled and kissed my forehead.

I placed my hand on his cheek. "I wouldn't have it any other way."