World Hop II

Chapter 6

(Reader's POV)

I spent the day with my older cousins. We talked about our everyday lives of work, school, and so on. I tried my hardest to mention Bunny as human when we talked about crushes. I'm sure I succeeded.

It started getting dark and I was tired, so I went to my room. I don't know if I even fell asleep, but I opened my eyes to Bunny kissing my forehead.

"Wanna come to a park in Paris with me?" He winked.

I eagerly sat up and put on my shoes. "Let's go."

We tunneled to an alley in Paris. Bunny held my hand and led me to a park not too far from the alley. The park was a lot like the one at my cousins' home, but it was in a more nightly version.

"Alright, let's hide some eggs."

We quickly hid eggs in some of the bushes nearby. Then, we hid the eggs in some grass patches. If the eggs didn't think I was hiding them well enough they would walk off to a different hiding place. Bunny would laugh and give me advise on how to hide them.

I saw a tree with tall grass at it's base that looked perfect for hiding a few eggs. Ran there and place three eggs into the grass. I turned around and saw no sign of Bunny. "Bunny?" My heart began to race. "Bunny! Where are you?"

 "Looking for someone?" Pitch laughed.

I staggered back and the eggs marched in front of me.

"(_your name_)!" Bunny called me.

Pitch grinned. "You know his last little 'darlin' didn't live passed the age of 17."

"What?"

"Oh, he hasn't told you. You may want to know a person before you commit something as foul as beastiality." He smirked.

I glared. "It's not like that and you know it."

He laughed. "A rabbit and a girl? I'm pretty sure it's entirely wrong. Not only that, but he's a guardian. You are a mere human. You'll end up like the last girl he fell in love with."

"He loved someone before?"

He grinned and turned around, stepping toward a dark tree. "How much do you really know about the one who supposedly loves you?" He vanished into the shadow.

"(_your name_)." Bunny hopped towards me. "Are you alright?"

My gaze kept shifting between Bunny and the tree. "I... think so."

He let out a sigh. "That's good. I thought something happened."

"Bunny."

His nose twitched. "What's wrong, darlin?"

"We... Are we wrong?"

"What do you mean?"

"You and I. Together. Is it wrong?"

I felt a tug on my left and felt myself being dragged down into the ground.

(Bunny's POV)

My face slammed onto the ground as I tried to go into the shadow after her.

"I won't hurt her." Pitch laughed behind me.

I threw a boomerang at him, but he was gone. I saw a shadow of him and followed it.

"She's figured it out, you know? She knows that the two of you can never be." He laughed as he appeared at the top of a building.

I jumped up there. "And what makes you say that? The fact that you tricked her?"

"Tricked her?" He placed a hand on his chest. "Why, I never. I simply tell people the truth they fear. And it's better for people to know the truth," He grinned at me. "Isn't it, Bunny?"

I glared at him. "I was going to tell her."

"Was is the key word. Besides, were you ever going to tell her the danger of being a loved one of the guardians?"

"What are you sayin?"

"It's dangerous to love a guardian because they become tools for me to use against you." He snapped and a shadow began rising from the ground. "Just like right now." He began pulling something out of the shadow and threw (_your name_)'s unconscious body at me.

I caught her. "What did you do to her?"

"What I do best." He laughed.

I gently shook her, trying to wake her up. "Darlin!" She didn't flinch. I looked at Pitch. "Why are you doing this?"

"Simple. I hate you and what you've done to me all those years ago."

"What are you talking about? You know what, forget it. Just wake her up."

"I'm afraid I can't do that." He smirked.

I put her down with my eggs that finally arrived and charged at Pitch. He spawned his scythe and hit my arm, but I kicked his face twice. He snarled.

"Do you really think you have a future with her?" He slowly backed away. "Remember what happened to June." He jumped down.

I jumped down after him, but he was gone. I slammed my boomerang on the ground, and returned to (_your name_). I sighed. After ordering my eggs to hide themselves, I took her to her room. I laid her on her bed and kissed her gently. "Hopefully, they won't do something to crazy to you when you don't wake up."

I felt tears building up behind my eyes. I knelt on the side of her bed and rested my head next to hers.

Don't leave me...

An elderly woman slid their head through a slight opening of the door. "Aww, she looks so peaceful when she sleeps," she whispered.She left and closed the door quietly.

The room grew grimly silent. The sound of glass breaking on the other side of the world could be heard. Then I heard (_your name_)'s breathing. It was slowing. My heart was racing. Tears were growing.

I put my paw on her chest to feel her heart. It seemed to be beating normally, and that gave me hope.

Please don't leave me... Everyone wants to see you wake up... Stay with me, my darlin'. Stay with me.