18: i am too emotionally attached to this fic im ruining my own life

Start from the beginning

Gee may not have time to deal with people and misunderstandings right now, but she most certainly always had time for her brother, "yeah? Come in."

Mikey closed the door behind him, sitting down on Gee's bed beside her, "Pete had to go home so his parents wouldn't realise he was missing," he explained before letting out a sigh, "I'm sorry, I overreacted, didn't I?"

"A little." Gee admitted, putting her arm around her little brother and pulling him into her side. "What I did was stupid, though. It was a stupid idea."

"Yeah," Mikey laughed a little, "you have a lot of stupid ideas."

"Shut up," she rolled her eyes, glad that Mikey had forgiven her, because she most certainly needed him right now. "So are we good? Just move on?"

"Yeah, that's best." Mikey nodded in agreement, "I'm sorry for not listening to you, I mean, Pete just said the same thing that you did, but I don't-"

"The way people say things matter too." Gee offered in explanation, "or maybe it's because you're so totally in love with him," she added, teasing him.

Mikey raised his eyebrows at his sister, "you can talk, have you even seen you and Frank together?"

Gee blushed a little, her tone suddenly growing very nervous, "y-yeah... I guess."

"What's up?" Mikey asked, picking up on the change in her voice immediately. "Did Frank do something, because Pete said he'd-"

"No, it's just," Gee let out a sigh, knowing it really wasn't best to talk to her thirteen year old brother in detail about Frank's coke addiction, "there was a misunderstanding, about something Lindsey posted on Snapchat, he took it the wrong way, I think he's a little pissed at me, but it'll be fine, we'll talk it out, he's a good guy."

"Yeah," Mikey nodded, because Frank was a nice guy and he certainly loved Gee a lot, regardless of how disgusting Mikey thought it was, "he loves you."

Gee nodded, biting her lip, "he told me that the other day."

Mikey's eyes widened, "oh? What did you say?"

"I... I didn't really say anything, I mean, he meant it, and you know I wasn't prepared I... I didn't quite know what to expect." She admitted.

"Do you love him? Yes or no?"

"Oh come on, Mikey, it's a little more complicated than that!" Gee exclaimed, laughing it off.

"Is it?" Mikey asked, getting to his feet, "is it really?"

"Mikey, you're thirteen, I think I'd know a little more about love than you." She raised her eyebrows, laughing it off as Mikey made his way out of her room with a wave.

She leaned back against her bedroom wall, because yes or no, was it really that easy?

-

Frank didn't know what to think at all, he just had this ever looming sense that this just wasn't fair. He felt scrutinised, he felt constantly put under pressure and expectation, unable to fuck up just once, and by the very girl that just didn't seem to give a fuck anymore.

Perhaps he'd overreacted, just a little, but this was Gee, and she didn't do that shit, and it freaked Frank out, because it was all relative, wasn't it? Gee never snuck out, Gee never really drank, and that was perhaps her extreme, but still Frank felt like he'd fucked up completely, like everything was just a spiral: a constant attempt to keep up some sort facade for himself.

He put his cellphone down, no longer interested in what his 'girlfriend' had left to say to him, because surely, in the scheme of things, this moment didn't matter, because this was just one day in hundreds of thousands, just one day in his life, the one day in which he'd had one fight with one girlfriend, and sure, Frank hated to think it, but probability said that maybe he wouldn't be spending the rest of his life with the girl he'd fallen in love with at fifteen.