Chapter 44

I get to the room with the restraint table, and I see Cleo is sitting on the edge of it. Not restrained, just sitting. With her head in her hands. She shakes her head and says "I can't believe he's making me do this." She's talking to herself. She says "Why would he raise me to do things like this? Why does he have these guards that will kill me if I don't do it? I don't freaking want to be this way anymore." Does she know I'm there? She continues to speak to herself "I don't want to be a monster. I want to be a person. A good person. But it's too late. Ugh, stupid father!"

I suddenly feel a twinge of pity for her. Not much, and it doesn't last long, but its there. I look up at her, and all I can see is a horrible person. A murderer. The pity is immediately gone and replaced by hatred.

I transform back to my normal self and shut the door to the room.

She looks up at me, her face streaked with tears. She says "who let you out?"

I say "I let myself out."

She shakes her head and says "go back. Before I call for the guards."

I say "not gonna happen." I see a cup of water across the room. Ugh, I miss my Hydrokinesis. I run over to the cup of water and throw the water into the air. I use my Cyrokinesis to freeze it, and I catch it.

She says "what're you gonna do with that?"

I say "this." I throw the ice at her.

She erupts into flames and the ice melts.

Oh crap, right. Pyrokinesis.

She walks towards me, still engulfed in flames.

I run over to the table where all of the jars are, and quickly look for one of mine. Any of them. I find a jar with a blue orb labeled N Hydrokinesis.

I grab the jar and smash it on the floor.

Cleo yells "no!"

The orb flies around me, and lands on my head. I feel like I'd lost part of me, and part of it was restored.

She says "give up, Nova!" She grabs my arm, her hand still on fire.

I use my Hydrokinesis to put out her flames.

She shakes her head and reaches for one of the jars, but before she touches one I kick her in the stomach and she falls.

I say "those aren't yours, they're not for you."

She says "Nova. Equality is law. You and your friends, you're not right. You're not legal."

I say "do I look like I care?"

She runs over to the restraint table and grabs something. A glove. She puts it on her hand and says "oh spirits of Hydrokinesis-"

She is interrupted by me running over and smashing her face with my fist.

Suddenly, the lights go out.

She sighs and says "damn Photokinetics."

Someone from the doorway says "damn Pyrokinetics."

I look at the door, which is now open. Blaire is standing in the doorway, with someone behind her.

Ace.

I say "Blaire! Ace! Get out of here!"

Ace says "would've thought you'd he happy to see us."

I say "I am but I'm really trying to do something."

Blaire says "we know. We're here to help."

Both of them suddenly transform into dogs. No, not dogs. Wolves.

Alright, I'm gonna need to ask how Ace is even alive at this point. People are dying and coming back. I'm not mad about it, I'm just confused: who's dead?

I turn back to Cleo, pushing my questions aside. I say "three against one. You ready to give in?"

She says "never."

I grab another jar off the table. My Pyrokinesis. I throw the jar at the ground, and the orb flies around me and lands on my head. I erupt in flames. I say "I can't burn you, so perhaps I'll drown you." A wall of water forms around me, and my fire is extinguished.

Cleo shakes her head and says "you'll never win, Nova. If I die, there will always be Impota and Lorem Multis in the world."

I say "and they'll be treated just like everyone else." I make the water shoot towards her.

She jumps out of the way and tackles me.

One of the wolves, I think it's Ace, grabs her with their teeth and pulls her off.

I get up and summon more water. I shake my head and say "actually, let's try something else." I grab her arm and bring her over to the restraining table. I put a glove on my hand and say "oh spirits of Pyrokinesis, you are no longer required in this soul. Come forth and rid yourselves from this person."

She starts screaming and yells "STOP!"

I say "oh spirits of Pyrokinesis, you are no longer required in this soul. Come forth and rid yourselves from this person."

A moment later, there is a red/orange orb floating above her head. I catch it in a jar and say "now you're an Impota. And, going by your law, I have to kill you."

She says "no!"

I say "horrible, isn't it?" I summon fire in my hands.

She says "Nova, please. Do you really want to kill me?"

I say "if I don't you'll kill my friends. And my family."

She says "I seek the good in you. The humility. The pity."

I say "I have no pity for you." The fire in my hands dies down, and a wall of water forms around me. I send the water flying in her direction.

A moment later, she is completely surrounded by water. I see her struggling to breathe. I look at her in the eye through the water and say "I never liked you, if it wasn't obvious."

A moment later, her eyes slowly close and she stops struggling.

She's dead.