Chapter 2: Nova

I walked into a small town, hoping no one would notice me. So, of course, someone did.

A man approaches me and says "are you lost?"

I shake my head and say "no, I'm not lost."

He says "where are you going?"

I say "I don't know."

He says "running away?"

I say "yeah."

He says "what's your name?"

I say "Nova."

He says "Nova?"

I nod and say "yeah?"

He says "I'm really sorry for what I'm about to do."

I say "what?!"

He grabs my arms, jumps behind me, and pins them behind my back.

He says "I, I saw the ads in the paper and... my family's going hungry... there's money for whoever finds you. I'm sorry."

I say "where are you bringing me?"

He says "there's been a bounty for about a month, I'm bringing you to Dexter."

I say "sir, please don't. He's going to kill me. I can get you money or food for your family, I can bring you somewhere safe. Just please, don't bring me to Dexter."

He says "where would you bring us?"

I say "there's this group working to stop Dexter, the Super Nova's. They'll give you food and shelter in return for your help."

He says "you swear this is the truth? You'll bring us to somewhere safe?"

I nod and say "I'm supposed to run that group. I was there. I promise you, it's safe."

He says "then why are you running away?"

I say "because they only wanted me for my powers. They didn't care about anything else. They just wanted a Lorem Multis named Nova."

He says "so they just use people?"

I say "no, they value their official members. People over eighteen. I'm only fourteen. They used me strictly for my powers. But it'd be a safe place for you and your family. If you promise not to bring me to Dexter, I'll bring you to the Super Nova's."

He reluctantly lets go of my arms. I say "go get your family and I'll bring you now."

He says "I'm not that stupid, you're coming with me."

I say "alright."

We both start walking.

He says "so, how long have you been on the run?"

I say "about three weeks."

He says "when we get there, are you gonna stay?"

I shake my head and say "I'm gonna stop in and see someone, but I'll pribably be shape-shifting so no one else knows it's me."

He says "why?"

I say "because I know that if someone asks me to stay I won't be able to leave. You can't tell them I brought you here."

He says "then what do I tell them?"

I say "tell them that you found it on your own."

He nods, and we approach a small house.

He says "this is it. I've got two kids, myself, and my wife to feed. Can they do that?"

I nod and say "of course. Get them and come on out."

He nods and goes inside.

I sit on the ground by the door and wait. About half an hour later, he comes out with three other people. A full-grown woman, a girl who looked about my age, and a boy who was probably about eleven or twelve.

He says "alright, that's Sienna" he points to the teenage girl "Luke" he points to the boy "and Chanel" he points to the woman.

I nod and say "I'm Nova."

He says "and my name's Greg, I don't think I mentioned that."

I say "alright. To you three, I'm Nova. I'm gonna take you somewhere safe."

They all nod, and I say "alright, it's gonna be a few days unless you've got a car."

Chanel says "how long with a car?"

I say "maybe six hours?"

Greg says "we've got a car."

I nod and say "I'll give you directions."

They nod and we all climb into a mini-van.

I give directions on how to get back to the Super Nova's, and after about six and a half hours we pull up outside.

p