Chapter 35

My eyes fly open at the same time as the cell door. Dashiell enters the cell and looks at me. He says "get up."

Finn says "you're not taking her."

I say "Finn. Just let it happen."

Dashiell says "actually, both of you are needed."

Finn and I look at each other, then we both slowly get up. Dashiell drags us to the room with the restraint table. Dexter and Cleo are still in there.

Cleo says "hi Finn."

Finn just rolls his eyes and grabs my hand.

She says "both of you, pick one of your powers. Finn I know you have two don't bother lying to me."

I say "you can't do this to us."

She picks up a jar and says "I already have. And I will continue to do so." Inside the jar was a small glowing brown orb. My Geokinesis.

Finn says "what's that?"

She says "Nova's Geokinesis." She puts down the jar and says "let's do a double Hydrokinesis removal, shall we?"

I say "no."

She says "why? You got a favorite you'd rather I get rid of?"

I say "do you count?"

She says "Hydrokinesis it is. Who goes first?"

Dexter points to Finn.

I say "no. I'll go first."

Dexter says "it's part of the punishment, Nova. Watching him suffer."

Finn's grip on my hand tightens.

Cleo looks at a guard and says "restrain him."

The guard grabs Finn's shoulders and starts pushing him towards the restraint table. He struggles, but after a minute they have him restrained.

I try to walk over, but the guard pushes me away.

Cleo puts a glove on her hand, puts her hand about a foot away from Finn's face, and says "oh spirits of Hydrokinesis, you are no longer required in this soul. Come forth and rid yourselves from this person."

Finn starts screaming and struggling against the restraints. He screams "STOP!"

Cleo shakes her head and says "each time you say that I have to start over. Oh spirits of Hydrokinesis, you are no longer required in this soul. Come forth and rid yourselves from this person."

He starts screaming again, and after a minute there's a blue orb floating above his head.

Cleo catches it in a jar and writes Hydrokinesis on the jar. She then puts it down on the table, and the guard releases Finn's restraints.

Dexter says "bring him back to the cell."

Finn says "no."

I say "Finn I'll be fine, just go."

He says "no. Not without you."

I say "just go. Please."

He says "I won't-"

I say "Finn I'll be there in five minutes just go."

He reluctantly lets the guard drag him out of the room.

Another guard grabs me and brings me over to the table. They fasten all the restraints, then Cleo puts her gloved hand over my face. She says "oh spirits of Hydrokinesis, you are no longer required in this soul. Come forth and rid yourselves from this person."

The excruciating pain begins again. I scream, but I don't say anything about making it stop.

A moment later, a small glowing blue orb is hovering over my face. Cleo catches it in a jar and writes Hydrokinesis on it.

The guard loosens my restraints and I sit up, holding my head in agony.

Dexter says "tell us when you give in, Nova. And we'll just kill you."

I say "never."

He says "have it your way."

The guard grabs my arms and drags me back to the cell. They throw me back in and I put my head in my hands. I feel like more of me is missing. And yet again, I've lost it to Cleo.

Finn says "I feel like part of me is gone."

Echo says "that's how it's gonna feel. It's gonna be even worse when they take both of your powers."

I get up and walk over to the wall. I sit against it, put me head in my hands, and tears start falling from my eyes.

Someone comes over and sits next to me. I quickly glance at them. Finn. Of course.

He says "it isn't your fault."

I don't say anything.

He says "Nova?"

I remain silent.

He says "you alright?"

Silence.

He says "Nova, please say something."

I look over at him, then down to the ground. I shake my head, then put it back in my hands.

He says "why not?"

I remain silent.

He says "is it something I did? Something I said?"

I shake my head.

He says "then what?"

I say "it's everything that's happening. Everyone expects me to suddenly come up with some plan to get us out of here but I have no freaking clue what to do. I don't know what to do, where to start, I don't know anything. And everyone just keeps telling me that I'll think of something, but I can't think of anything. I feel like everyone's looking at me to get us out of here before they start killing us, and I have no idea how to."

He says "no one's trying to make you get us out."

I say "it feels that way."

He sighs and says "yes, we'd like you to find a way. But if you can't, no one's gonna blame you. We know it's hard. We can't even understand how hard it is. If you can't get us out, no one's gonna blame-"

I interrupt him by kissing him. When I pull away after a minute I hug him and say "thank you."

He says "it's what I'm here for, Nov."

I cannot let these people kill him.

He says "you tired?"

I say "my head's still pounding, I usually take a nap when I've got a headache. So, yeah."

He laughs and says "alright, go to sleep." He puts his arm around my shoulders.

I put my head on his shoulder and close my eyes.

He says "I love you, Nova."

I say "I love you too."

Even with my head pounding, I soon fall asleep.

**A/N more than half the remaining chapters are probably gonna be pretty long... and since I didn't upload a chapter yesterday because I was busy, I'm gonna do a double today. I know I did a double Wednesday, but I'm bored so why not?