Chapter 20

I see Dexter. And I see someone standing beside him. They looked a lot like me, but it wasn't me.

Cleo.

They're standing together, looking at something.

Cleo laughs and says "a forest. Pathetic."

Dexter says "she's supposed to be the most powerful person in centuries, she couldn't think of anywhere besides a forest. It's extremely embarrassing, for anyone who still dares to call themselves a follower of the Super Nova."

She says "I took care of it. There's no more Super Nova's. There's Super Cleo's. Everything is falling into place. They have no choice but to listen to me, because I have all of the powers now and Nova's gone. They're under our control."

He says "good. When are you sending for your sister?"

She says "ugh, don't call her my sister. We're half-sisters. Yeah, we've got the same eyes and power, and we have the same father, but I'm nothing like her. She's a friend of Nova."

He says "well when are you sending for her?"

She says "tonight. They're going to abduct her, just like they did Finn. And Blaire. And Ace."

He says "what're they going to do with her?"

She says "well since I'm your daughter too and I almost won the Battle Royale anyways, she's no longer needed. Since you'll be giving the power to me."

He says "that doesn't clear anything up. Are you going to hold her prisoner and make her watch as her father and half-sister destroy Nova?"

She shakes her head and says "Echo's too weak. I don't know how I ever managed to act like her friend without ripping her head off. She definitely is more like her mother than she is like you. She won't be able to do anything for us."

He says "Cleo answer the question!"

She says "I'm going to kill her! I'm going to kill Echo, and I'll murder anyone who stands in my way."

He smiles and says "you surely are my daughter, Cleo."

She says "thank you. Now, what do you think of my plan?"

He says "it's excellent."

She says "can they revive him?"

He nods and says "with the right page from that book I sent Nova, anyone can be revived."

She says "I got the idea after I found the book."

He nods again and says "using the boy as bait to lure her here. An excellent idea."

She turns to a door that's about twenty feet away. She says "bring the revivers and the body."

A guard who was standing at the door opens the door wider, and a stretcher is pulled into the room with five people trailing it. The stretcher had a body on it.

Finn's body.

She says "you know what to do. Do it."

Over the next few minutes they do many strange things, then Finn's body begins to glow slightly. After another moment he stops glowing and he shoots up. He says "where's Nova?!"

Cleo laughs and says "nice try, Finn. You're the bait. Hold him down."

The people who revived him hold down his arms and legs.

He screams "NOVA!"

Cleo inserts a needle into his arm and injects something, and he slowly stops moving. She says "thank god for sedatives."

Dexter says "lock him up."

Finn's body is wheeled away, and my eyes fly open.

Awy