5| Free Fall

I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY!!!

Gaah, I didn't get to update for some weeks... and I'm really sorry for that.
I will try to update frequently.

But... be prepared for some NaLu and Gale for making up!

Note that I'm not using Japanese words, such as: minna, arigato, gomenasai, ja ne and other stuff. I prefer my books to be plain, in case someone doesn't understand the Japanese words. I have come across many japanese words that I don't understand, and it's really frustrating, like blegh.

I dedicate this chapter to TheHamsterNinja, I fell in love with Celestial Striker and Celestial Breaker at once, when I read the first chapter! You are also one of my favorite authors.

***

Character(s) may be OOC to fit the plotline of this book

***

CRASH!

The sudden movement of the train as it derailed startled everyone in it. "What's going on!" Lucy screamed, her voice barely audible as the train's creaking noises and the wheels were louder. Glancing out of the window, she saw a cliff hurrying towards the out-of-control train.

"Everyone get out!" Erza shouted, clearly louder than the blonde, who was staring out of the window in fear.

Quickly grabbing Natsu, she tripped to the exit door which was for some reason open. Pushing him out, he landed safely on an untouched patch of grass as the train continued sliding towards the dangerous cliff.

Erza was helping people evacuate and everyone jumped out if the moving train. Soon, there were only Lucy and Erza left and the train was just on the edge. "Hurry!" the blonde grabbed hold of the redhead's hand and prepared to jump, but luck wasn't on their side. Unfortunately the train toppled over, and the blonde just got hold of the end of the ground.

Erza was hanging safely from the other hand, staring at the shrinking train. It fell in to the dark abyss and soon a dim flare lit it up, to reveal a burning wreckage. "It could have been us down there..." she murmured to herself. The two girls hang silently, glad they had got everyone out of the train as the breeze made them sway a little. They just hang be there, silently watching.

Suddenly some dry earth crumbled under the blonde's hand, making her look up, alerted. "E-Erza... the ground's crumbling..."

The redhead frowned, as if she was thinking something, looking down again. "I saw a river at the bottom of the cliff," her grip on Lucy's hand weakened. "If you trust me, let me go." she finished. The blonde looked at her, her face surprised. "Do you think you'll survive?" she asked, doubt in her voice.

"Of course! Then maybe I could find you."

"N-no way! I'm not doing it, it's dangerous!" Sweat formed on Lucy as more dried earth fell.

She felt the pressure on her hand disappear and looked to see that Erza had let go. "E-ERZA!!"

"I'll find you!" Erza's voice became fainter by the second as she was covered by the dark shadows. The last thing Lucy saw of her was the fingertips. The sound of a crack on the earth made the blonde snap out of her thoughts and scrambled to a safe place before water finally poured down from her eyes. What if Erza didn't survive? That was the only question burning in her mind. She'd lose her best friend and it would be all her fault.