Cowboy Dreams 3.0

Start from the beginning

“Did he do something to get you upset?”

Max nodded, “He tried to get me to do it with him… I said no but he was too damn persistent…. He said some things that I didn’t like so I left…. And then I punched the tree right outside Stanley’s house…”

“Why did you punch the tree?” Charles asked, curiosity getting the best of him.

Max shrugged, “For being a coward, I guess... but now that I know the truth, I guess I can move on. College will be good for me, I guess…” Max sighed, looked at Charles one last time, and got up from his uncle’s lap. He felt pathetic, weak, and lonely like never before; lonelier than when his parents died.

Charles reach out for Max’s hand but the boy shook his head, “I can’t act like none of this happened when my heart is breaking, Charles. Sorry, “he smiled down at Charles and stood there for a minute longer, seeing that Charles wasn’t going to do anything else, Max nodded again and left. He climbed the stairs two at the time and closed his room’s door behind him; sliding down the door and crying himself to sleep on the floor.

Charles couldn’t sleep, his thoughts were everywhere and his nerves were restless. He tossed and turned in his bed, flipped the pillow to the cool side, tossed the blanket off of him, and even opened the window to let the night breeze in but nothing helped him. His mind kept going back to the feverish kiss Max had given him and he began to harden at the memory. How many times had he laid in bed awake fantasizing about loving his nephew openly? How many nights had he stayed up all night thinking about what he would do after Max left for college? So many thoughts were running through his head, thoughts that were very pessimistic to be honest.

Charles thought about the rest of the family and what they would say if word got out that he was now dating Max… did Max even want to date? What if all Max wanted was to get laid before he left for college? Maybe his nephew didn’t want to leave a virgin… was he a virgin? The thought of another man or woman touching Max the way he wanted made Charles’ blood boil in his veins. He stood up from his bed and practically yanked the door off its hinges as he opened it and walked down the hall to Max’s room.

He knocked on his nephew’s door, more like pounded on the door actually. Max opened the door a bit alarmed and looked up at his uncle with wide eyes. Charles looked down at Max and his heart broke at the sight; Max’s eyes were red and swollen, his cheeks were wet with a new stream of tears, his lips were chapped and dry, and his body seemed to be shaking like a leaf. Max was only wearing his boxer briefs and Charles fought back to urge to drop to his knees and love the boy right there and then. He opened the door wider and carried Max in his arms out of the room and into his own room. Charles dropped Max on his bed and climbed on top, hovering above the trembling boy.

“You’ve already said what you wanted, so now you’re going to listen to me, got it?” Max nodded his eyes still wide and his arms covering his chest as if he was holding himself together. Charles growled deep in his throat, not liking the fact that Max looked like the prey instead of his precious loved one. He closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and opened his eyes again.

“I have been thinking about you for a while now, it’s been making me crazy. When your parents died I promised my brother I would take care of you and make you a man of good, but how can I keep my promise when all I want is to make you mine…” Charles lowered his head, his lips hovering above Max’s lips. “I cannot wake up in the morning without hearing your voice telling me that breakfast is ready. I cannot go to work without you by my side. I cannot continue on living like this knowing that you’re mere inches away from me but I can’t have you.” His fingertips hovered above Max’s body, itching to touch the boy.

“You’ll be going off to college in a week and it kills me to know that I won’t see you anymore. Whenever I think of you finding yourself a girlfriend or boyfriend, I cannot think straight. I get so mad I actually have to stop breathing for a second before I can continue what I’m doing. The thought of someone else touching you, kissing you, pleasuring you makes my blood boil… I cannot deny it any longer, Max. We both want the same thing and its killing us to keep denying it... I’m tired of fighting this, Max.” Charles collapsed on top of Max, their bodies touching everywhere.