Mind Games II

○○○

As the axe came at her with full force, Lupa dove in and crashed into Cyra, sending them both to the ground. Cyra scrambled to her feet and picked her weapon. "Let's try this again." Lupa said, getting up and baring her teeth. She moved quickly and lashed out at Cyra, who in turn raised her axe and blocked the blow.

Lupa's claws clashed with the hand of the axe, the sound ringing out. Cyra used the butt of the axe to hit the wolf, sending her sprawling. The axe sank into the ground as Lupa moved away and dodged Cyra's swing.

My mind, my rules. Cyra kept telling herself. She moved into a jog.

As Lupa lunged at her, everything tilted, the wall assumed the position on the floor, like an inverted image. Cyra ran on the wall and launched herself above Lupa, causing her to miss her prey. Their sorrounding tilted again and she ended up on the floor.

A normal Cyra would shout something like 'Inception!!!' But this wasn't the normal Cyra; not by miles.

Lupa looked stunned, but she hid her astonishment quickly with a scowl. Cyra let herself smile.

Up, she thought

The ground below her rose and launched her upwards till she could barely see her adversary.

She plummeted downwards and struck her axe into the ground. The cracks began from her and spread outwards, moving to Lupa, who backed off slowly, trying to regain her balance.

Again; normal Cyra would be like "Thor!!!!" But...yeah.

"My mind,my rules." Cyra said.

"you bi-" Lupa never finished.The ground gave way and she fell to her knees. By the time she looked up they, were in the cottage. Cyra's mother was standing by her side and Mary was nursing Tim, looking on.

Cyra had the pistol leveled at Lupa...

Lupa looked afraid for a moment and then she reverted to her thin smile. "Well. Here we are." She said .

"This ends now." Cyra said, pressing the cold metal nuzzle to Lupa's temple "Make any sudden moves and you're dead."

"Cyra don't do it." Her mom said "If you do this you become like her."

"She killed innocent people!" Cyra said, looking away from Lupa for only a moment. Her mother was only looking out for her, the girl she raised, but she wouldn't let Lupa get away with her crimes.

"Go on," Lupa said, not even backing away from the weapon "Shoot me."

She saw the fear in Mary's eyes as she applied pressure to the detective's injuries

"Help is on the way Timothy," she said "Hold on." She turned to Cyra, "it isn't possible for youraelf and Lupa to have developed bodies Cyra."

"Shoot!" Lupa urged her.

"If you kill her she wins." Mary said

"I won't let her win," Cyra reinforced "I'll end her now."

Her finger closed in on the trigger

MARY

I went on with my explanation. Cyra was standing, but she wasn't entirely conscious; her eyes had a blank look to them. I knew she could hear me though.

"It isn't possible for you both to suddenly have separate bodies, if she's a part of you."

"Shoot!" She said in a more aggressive tone. That would be Lupa.

"If you kill her she wins." I said, temporarily leaving Tim.

"I won't let her win." Cyra said, this time with more resolve "I'll end her now."

She might be seeing herself hold a gun to Lupa's temple, but in reality, Cyra was pointing a gun to herself, and she was about to pull the trigger.

○○○
More of this intensity?

I love it too (lol)

Thanks for reading my story. Two parts remain. Just hold on we're going home.

Share On twitter with the hashtag #MyWattysChoice if you think this story deserves to win. I do; but I wrote it so I don't count.

Don't stop now

Cheers.