Mind Games I

CYRA.

I looked at the girl in front of me. She was the perfect replica.

"I take it you're the one that has been taking control all this time." I said.

She mocked me with a bow. "Lupa," she saif "In the flesh. Wait, not really in the flesh, this is mental." She smiled

Cyra you can do this. I heard Mary say. Your mind, your rules.

"Your dumb psychologist is missing a few details; this is more our head than yours," Lupa said "You might have been here first, though you don't have any idea what you're up against."

"I can beat you," I said, clenching my fists.

"How can you hope to defeat me little girl," Lupa said "I'm all your fears personified."

She began to change. She grew slowly, her skin becoming like a dark shadow. Her face morphed, she had a muzzle, with sharp teeth and a jaw that looked like it could crunch steel. She grew till she towered over me; like storey building tall.

I looked at myself. No change, apart from my clothes. I was now wearing the red hood and holding a basket. I turned and saw the woods behind me. "Run! Little red. Run!" Lupa said, her voice echoing round.

I turned and ran, hearing her slowly stalking towards me, laughing animatedly. I tried to control my breathing and keep going. I was too scared to look back at her. "Someone help me!!" I cried out.

I ran into the woods as fast as my legs could carry me. "So we're playing hide and seek?" Lupa's voice rang out.

"What did I ever do to you?" I said, though my voice was barely a whisper.

"For years I was in your head!" She said "Cold and alone, stuck with all your fears. I relived them every single day!!" She roared "You though that was fear? I will show you what it means to be truly afraid."

The woods dissappeared.

I was standing on the edge of some sort of cliff. I steadied myself, sending rocks plummeting downwards. Lupa's voice came from the darkness. Let's begin;heights.

I turned to move for safety, and I froze in place. I was facing everything. A horde of creatures were scuttling at me.

She went on; Spiders

Rats,

Bats,

Scar from lion king,

Freddy Kreuger; We never even saw 'Nightmare on Elms street'. You had to be kidding.

The grim reaper; I'm even surprised you feared the wolf the most. This list is intense.

As she called them they appeared, moving towards me as I had no choice but to back off, towards the cliff.

"Please leave me alone." I begged, my voice barely audible. I held back tears as they came closer; Scar, with his dark skin and black mane, stalking foward in his predatory stance.

The grim reaper, with his long scythe, hidden behind his dark hood.

The spiders, climbing up my legs as I kicked them off. Bats flew over me, diving in and veering off. I kept moving back and looked at the drop. It looked abysmal. I turned and found myself face to face with Lupa; this time she looked like the first time I encountered her in the cottage.

"Down you go little red." She said. I heard the cries of the Bats, the voice of Scar saying I killed Mufasa repeatedly. The voices in the abyss whispering...