You're Playing Bad Everything

"So, Mugino..." Artemis said awkwardly. "How are you?"

"How am I..." Shizuri grumbled. "How do you think I am!?"

Artemis scowled. "Sorry... just trying to make conversation... jeez..."

"Have you tried calling the League yet?" Gunha asked Kaldur as they walked closer to Shizuri. Kaldur nodded.

"Yes, but it seems my calls are not going through." He explained. "I'm assuming they shut down all outside connections to keep the Level 5's in."

"Gutsy move." Gunha commented. "Although they should know Accelerator could get past them."

"Except for the fact that he's been captured." Kaldur pointed out. "I've heard that he was seen being forced into an Anti-Skill van."

"They must have blocked the switch to his choker." Gunha muttered, before shaking his head, sitting down in front of Shizuri. "So! Meltdowner! Or can I call you Mugino?"

"Meltdowner." Shizuri replied, obviously still on edge.

"Okay." Kaldur nodded. "Meltdowner, have you heard anything about why you were taken?"

Shizuri snorted. "Absolutely nothing... they took my blood yesterday... and then locked me in that room-"

"WHY DID YOU KILL HER!?" Gunha exploded without warning, standing up. "TELL ME!!!"

Shizuri's eyes widened as a Meltdowner sphere appeared beside her head. "What the heck!?!?"

"Sogiita!" Kaldur grabbed the esper's shoulder. "What are you doing!?"

"I'm playing bad cop."

"You're playing bad everything. Sit down."

As Gunha sat beside Kaldur on the chair, Shizuri returned her gaze to the Atlantian. "So, Aquakid, why was I taken?"

"According to the head scientist here," Kaldur began. "You were meant to be cloned."

"That's ridiculous!" Shizuri shook her head. "You can't clone a Level 5 to be full power! They tried that with Railgun!"

"We fought a clone of Mental Out that was just as powerful, if not more." Kaldur continued, not breaking composure. "It is possible, and after they kill the original, they murder everyone they care about, so that nobody can reach the clone and bring them to their senses."

"And so they were going to murder my friends!?" Shizuri clenched her fists. "Those bastards!"

"We're going to find them." Gunha explained. "And soon. Kiyama is getting a location... this hockey mask dude put a tracker on one of the members."

"When are we leaving?"

"Well, first, we need to find them." Gunha pointed out. "That should take about 24 hours. In the mean time... eat and rest. You'll need all the guts you can."

As this was happening, Mikoto and Robin were sitting across from Touma and Index,with Elena sitting beside said nun.

"So, how did you get here?" Mikoto inquired. "I mean... how did you find it?"

"Well, Kanzaki told me about the plan." Touma explained. "She told me to find Gunha. I don't know how exactly she knew about it... but..."

"Hey, Indy." Elena grinned. "I bet I can eat this sandwich faster than you!"

"Wanna bet?" Index grinned back. "One... two... three!"

They both ate the sandwich in one bite, and exchanged glances.

"How dith yout beath mea!?" Index asked around a mouthful of bread and turkey.

"Wef tied!" Elena responded, struggling to chew.

"Sissy," Kuroko said, teleporting behind Mikoto. "Aqualad says you, Robin, and Kid Flash have someplace to be..."

"A mission? Right now?" Mikoto said, before shrugging and walking to where Aqualad was waiting with Robin and the speedster.

"You three need to go back to the circus." Aqualad commanded. "Something was going on there, and you need to find out what."

"Even in the middle of this mess?" Kid Flash gestured to the rebellion around them. "I mean, come on! Why do we have to go back to the circus while everybody else stays and kicks bad guy butt!?"

"Because something big was happening, KF." Robin replied. "Now come on, we don't have time to argue. Let's go."