He'll Be Too Busy Trying To Kill Me

Yeah, I am indeed indulging my inner Zuko Stan, fight me 

__

In the sewers, Elena and Connor were sparring, although Elena wasn't fully paying attention.

"What time is it?" she asked for the tenth time as she was flipped on to her back. Connor rolled his eyes but answered anyway.

"2:00 am," he replied. Elena's eyes shot open as she scrambled to her feet.

"ThanksSupergottagonowbye!" she yelled over her shoulder as she sprinted out of the sewer, engulfing her hands in flames to propel her.

2:00 am. The exact time that Nightwing had told her to meet his 14-year-old self, Wally, and Mikoto. Within the next two hours, the fate of the world would be sealed.

And Elena was the only one who knew it.

_

"Okay," Robin said at the head seat of the bio-ship, Wally and Mikoto crowding around him as they all looked at the holographic screen on Robin's gauntlet. The bio-ship was still on the ground, in camouflage mode.

"So, I've looked at all the security footage in Academy City," Robin was saying, "And I've figured out where they're taking the Level 5's." He pulled up an image of what seemed to be an abandoned hospital on the outskirts of the city. "And look at this." The screen showed a black truck pulling to a stop. A boy with dark brown hair hopped out of the truck, his hat obscuring his face. A girl walked out of the other side, her blonde hair pulled up into a ponytail. The pair opened the door to the cargo part of the truck and never came back out.

"I looked through the next 24 hours of footage, and they never leave. Odds are? That's Raymond and Emira, and Emira teleported Accelerator into the building," Robin concluded. Mikoto looked bewildered.

"I can't believe they got Accelerator. That's insane." Her face paled as a realization struck her. "Accelerator got shot in the head, messing with his ability to the point that he has a choker that only lets him use his ability for fifteen minutes. Block his choker, and he's defenseless. But... if they cloned him then..."

"Then it's safe to say that, like Mental Out, his clone is stronger," Wally finished Mikoto's thought, "No choker. No time limit."

"How do we beat him?" Robin asked Mikoto. She shook her head slowly.

"He controls vectors. It's impossible to get past him. The only person that's ever beat him was Touma because he has an ability that lets him negate anything supernatural. And a bullet only got through his defenses because he was focusing all of his power to save Last Order. I don't... I have no idea how to beat him. Everything has vectors."

"Then we use this."

The trio turned to look at where the voice was coming from, and they saw Elena at the front. Her face was determined as she held a small circular device. At the confused looks she got, she sighed. "It's... I guess I should tell you why I'm here."

"Yeah, you should," Mikoto said stiffly. Elena sat down in one of the chairs.

"I'm from the year 2021," she began, "And the world's terrible. It's been overrun by clones. Millions of clones of Accelerator and Dark Matter, each as powerful as the original. You three, today, figured out where the clones were being produced and destroyed it, but you didn't destroy the DNA."

"So... we failed?" Wally asked in a whisper. Elena nodded.

"Yeah, you did. Mikoto tried to destroy the DNA, but she couldn't get past Accelerator to do it. So you guys just blew up the building."