You Couldn't See Through A Chain Link Fence

Elisa Lam ->

Oh, and the scene between Red Arrow and Mikoto with * *s around them, well, the conversation came from @OverCaffinatedMoose

January 9, 2011, Somewhere above Russia

Mikoto sat by the window in the bio-ship, her eyebrows furrowed in thought.

"And just what do you think is happening, Red Arrow?" Artemis asked.

"I don't know, to be completely honest."

"Well, isn't that useful." Mikoto commented.

Red Arrow glared at her. "And you are?"

"Railgun."  Mikoto answered. "The one who can shock you into next week if you annoy me."

"Sure..." Red Arrow rolled his eyes. "Anyway, the point is that, well, I'm sure you've all heard of the murder of Elisa Lam?"

"Yeah, she was that bipolar woman who was found in a water tank after getting into an elevator." Connor crossed his arms. "So what?"

"Yeah, how does that relate to the League of Assassins?" Robin inquired.

"Cheshire  told me that she overheard Talia talking to Ra's about the murder." Red Arrow explained. (The League Of Shadows and the League of Assassins are the same group) "She said that Ra's mentioned a Level 5 teleporter, whatever that means."

Mikoto's eyes widened. A Level 5 teleporter!? she thought. That's impossible! There's only sev-six! And the fifth is a pyro!

"A Level 5?" Robin echoed. "Like... esper?"

"Esper?" M'Ghann frowned. "What's an esper?"

"They're like us- well, most of us -you know, with powers." Wally explained. "Except they weren't born with them, or were the result of a freak experiment, they purposely developed them with pure mental strength...."

"How do you know that?" Artemis asked after a brief silence.

"Because, science is my thing."

After which, everyone was loaded into the bioship, and they were off.

Oh, and Mikoto had decided that she officially didn't like Red Arrow.

Take right now, for example.

"I still don't see why you're so full of yourself." The archer snorted. "You're, like, seven."

Mikoto gritted her teeth. "Fourteen, thank you very much."

"So?"

*Mikoto punched him in the shoulder, a bit of static shock in her fist.

Red Arrow winced from the shock. "Ow! Aqualad, control your team! This Bug Zapper just shocked me!"

"You were provoking her." Aqualad replied calmly, not bothering to look at the quarreling duo.

"I was not!" Red Arrow paused. "Okay, maybe a little. But still, that does not warrant violence!"

Aqualad rolled his eyes. "Maybe I could take that a bit more seriously i you weren't you."

"I see how it is."

"Please." Mikoto snorted. "You couldn't see through a chain link fence!"

Red Arrow glared at her. "Alright, that was uncalled for."*

"So was 'Red Arrow'. I mean, such creativity! Where do you come up with this stuff." Mikoto rolled her eyes.

"You know, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." Red Arrow remarked.

Artemis was eating a sandwich. Wally gagged.

"You know I'll eat anything," the speedster pointed out. "But that ham looks like a slug."

Artemis wrinkled her nose. "Thanks for ruining my appetite."

Wally winked. "It's all part of my blunt charm."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night."

"Okay, team, we're here." Aqualad broke into their conversation. "Miss Martian, set us up."

Miss Martian touched her temple, her eyes glowing a white color. Link established.

Mikoto blinked. Whoah... she thought. This is weird...

That's what I said. Artemis replied.

Eh, Mikoto, you get used to it. Robin thought with a shrug.

No names on the field. Red Arrow snapped. Even in your mind.

Oh course, cause a physic link is so easy to hack. Mikoto rolled her eyes.

It's been done before! Wally pointed out.

Guys, you're getting distracted. Superboy interrupted.

I agree. Robin added. So, let's get tracted!

Silence.

What? What? Robin's eyes widened. You know, tracted? Like distracted?

You know what? I don't care. Red Arrow was the first to respond. Let's just go.

The team dropped down from the bioship, landing silently on the ground.

The seven walked quietly through the forest, until they spotted the temple that was the Shadow's HQ.

I'll go first. M'Ghann thought. To make sure it's clear. She lifted her hood over her face, before becoming invisible.

It's clear. She thought. Wait- no! Stay there! It's Ra's and Talia... I'll give you their conversation.

Two people appeared in Mikoto's mind, an aging man and a young woman with long brown hair.

"So, is she here yet?" The woman, Talia, asked.

Ra's shook his head. "No, she had to take a plane... even a Level 5 teleporter like her can't teleport over a continent..."

"Shame." Talia commented. "Anyway, so how have the Talons been doing?"

"Good... Raymond from that circus is proving to be a... difficult... candidate, but as second choice, what can be expected? "

"Yes, Bruce turned out to be very troublesome, despite what came out of our relationship." Talia agreed.

Robin paled from beside Mikoto, stiffening. "No..." he whispered.

"That old geezer could have got the Grayson brat if he'd been faster." Ra's grumbled. "But, oh well, Raymond may come through... it's in his best interest..."

"Robin?" Mikoto whispered. "What's wrong?"

Robin turned to face her, trembling. "That circus..." he choked. "It's where I was born.... and where my parents were murdered.... and apparently... where my best friend wasn't..."