Chapter 1 Departure

"Flight for Denver boarding in 10 minutes." Me and my mom sit in the airport the day I leave for LA. She has her arm around my shoulders and my head was laying on hers. I was getting a connection flight to Colorado than to LA.

"Please be careful." She kissed the top of my head. "By the way, there will be another surprise waiting for you at the apartment."

I looked at her shocked. "Mom, what else could you possibly do? I can't think of anything else." She winked and smiled at me, only making my shocked face more defined. "I know, I know, stop asking questions." She gave me an agreeing smile.

I laid my head back on her shoulder for our last few minutes. I almost hated to leave, leaving her here alone. She had my little brother, but he was only 2. Who would she sit up at 3 in the morning talking to? He will surely keep her occupied. Wait!

"Mom, who's going to help with Caleb and the ranch? I'm not sure I want to leave you with all of that." I started to cry, but I'm sure the ranch had nothing to do with it, although I would miss it too.

"I'll be fine sweetly." She kissed my cheek. "You just go have fun, but not too much. Make me and Caleb proud. No pressure though." Another reassuring kiss.

"But mom, I'm gonna miss you guys like..."

"Flight to Denver, boarding now!" As excited as I have been over the last week, now that the day was here, I was sad!

A tear slipped down my moms cheek, but she wiped it away quickly. Seeing all of this from the corner of my eye, she didn't want me to see. "Remember, stick around the airport at Denver to catch the connection flight. I'm still sorry it wasn't a straight flight." I have heard that many times over the last week.

We shared one last embrace, she kissed me on the cheek than shoved me back to the gate, holding back a tear. I gave her a fake smile, than boarded the plane, blowing her one more kiss. A tear slipped down my cheek when she blew one back, not able to hold her smile anymore.

Once I got on the plane, I found my seat. My connection flight was first class, but this one wasn't. Mom said she wanted me to have that extra relaxation before arriving. I leaned back in my seat and watched a plane land through the window. I tried not to think of my mom and baby brother trying not to cry just yet. I would save that for tonight.

I wasn't able to hold it all back. A few sobs slipped as the plane took off. I was now on my own. I just stared out the window in silence the whole flight. The flight attendants came multiple times asking if I wanted anything, I would just shake my head. When we landed, I had a half hour until my connection flight took off.

I walked off the plane and went to get my luggage. When I went to take a seat, I glanced over and saw a mob. Screaming girls and flashing cameras. I was too upset to question or care. For the half hour, I watched as the mob diminished and people walked by left and right. I watched people in the arms of loved ones, and people saying good bye.

"Flight to LA boarding now." The intercom announced. Wow, that was fast. Has it really been 30 minutes? I got up to get on the plane, hoping I was sitting by myself. I was for sure going to cry now. My journey was coming to an end.