Plotting the Vengeful Plan

The whole world seem to stop at that moment.

A dull vibrant trance covered their consciousness and truly, for them it felt like eternity.

Mavis..

Mavis..

"Mavis."

Surely, she knows how to hide her emotions on that time

She calmly and seriously faced her mother.

"What is it?"

"Aren't you going to eat?" 

"Of course, I will."

She didn't felt the urge to eat. Her mind was drifted somewhere she can't find.

Earl, such an enigmatic aura. No one had ever gave this feeling to me before.

Is she even right? How well does she know?

Maids might always say that she is a heartless monster. But to what she is feeling at that moment, was it love that she supposedly felt? She guess not. Absolutely not.

Now that, Summer is ending. Autumn is on it's way. Mavis' 20th birthday is coming near.

The much awaited gathering is finally over. clothes that bloomed and outfits that stunned was now getting a little dull than usual, it's main purpose was now left behind. Guests that caused the cacophonous air was now the reason of the eerie silence that filled the halls. It was obvious that these visitors have filled their stomachs of the delicious food that undergo the threat of several maids' job.

Another day is about to end. For many of this people..

Some people might not know, that strange shadows in the dark is lurking that reveals plans that flows from their chaotic minds.

It's a little exaggerated isn't?

Well, It's just Earl and his merry little band of conspirators.

You might even imagine him smiling maliciously..

But folks, the truth is his doing best to hide his excitement over this matter.

From a corner in the palace was the designated room for the count. In the modern days, this would be likely his office.

"I caught you.." Loius broke the silence with a sarcastic tease to Earl.

"We caught you.." A clearance from Levi.

"Caught what??"

" We caught you sneaking glances at the princess.."

"Ah.. She was also looking.."

"Really??" Both were shocked but Earl remained a calm yet serious expression.

"I can truly say that the maids' reaction from her is really true.."

Louis and Levi let out a confused look.

"So what was it??"

"They say she's an absolute brat. From her actions and the way she welcomed with a dubious look in her eyes."

"You noticed that one too.." From a moment none of them even wondered that sometimes Louis can be that sharp-witted.

"Well, I should say that we should start our agenda this night.."  A sudden cut from the past happenings from Earl with a mysterious tone yet persuasive effect.

"I don't think we can do this.." Louis said

"What do you mean by that?"

"As what you have said she's a brat. After her parents knowing that fact for sure the princess is under a safe maintenance in this palace. I think this will fail. It's too risky.." Louis' side of an innocent and timid person is showing. It looks like he's losing hope over this matter.

"So, you're saying that, you're backing out?" Earl's serious response.

"Not really. I was just r-reconsidering this matter.." 

Levi just shook his head...

"No exchanges and no excuses over this thing at this moment. We will do this. And you know I need to." A surely intriguing thing.

Another bright sun shining brilliantly over a brand new day.

Through the silhouette is a princess in slumber..

No traps for this day, nor her messy look.

She woke up felling distressed and bewildered. She didn't want to remember anything that happened yesterday.

Mavis prepared herself spontaneously. She's a princess after all. 

On her way of doing that, She recalled the Count's eyes as they gazed upon each other yesterday. Instead of her face blushing, She suddenly felt the urge to talk to a friend.

_______________________________________________________

"Really?! It happened? I mean that happened yesterday?!" Annabelle said, Overreacting again. After Mavis told her what happened yesterday.

"Yes. I just told you." Now, Mavis said annoyingly. 

"Oh well! I noticed that too."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah! It's just that your mother woke you up from your trance with him.."

She noticed it.. Mavis thought to herself. She broke the eerie silence that covered Annabelle's room.

"So, What do you think?" From her hesitation she really asked her that.

"Well, If you'd ask me.."

"I did ask you.."

"I'll say that... He's perfectly fit to be the next king!"

"What?! Seriously, you're bluffing!!"

"No, I'm not!" Annabelle said innocently.

"That's not what I need to hear. I mean I'm not someone who's in love at first sight.."

"So, what do you need to hear?"

"It's just that... He's so.."

"So.. What?"

"He's so mysterious.."

" 'Mysterious' Oh really?"

"Yes. When I looked yesterday in his eyes.. It seemed like he was a..." Mavis was hesitating to said something negative to the welcomed count yesterday. 

"He was a... Very alluring person!" Annabelle cut her sentence..

"You know, you're highness.. You are overthinking. Too much!" Annabelle added.

"I guess so. Oh well! *sighs* I should go out for a walk or something."

"Yeah! You should! So stop worrying. You should just enjoy the moment that you're in love. Accept the fact that it's love at first sight!"

"Well, Thanks for your 'help'. Because you 'helped a lot'!" Mavis said as a response, sarcastically.

"No problem! Your highness."

Such a dumb advise!  She thought to herself while heading out from Annabelle's room.

'It wasn't love. And it will not. Never!'  One step from the other foot and she kept on thinking why does  she have a strange feeling over that overly enigmatic count. She hated it. She really did. Yet she was  curious why. She wanted to know more.

More about Earl..