'The Arrogant Side'

In case you've been wondering why did a trap like that in previous chapter existed in Mavis' room?

Well, it was her (Mavis) idea to construct those traps, technically in her childhood days she suffered from several nightmares and always afraid that someone might come at night to haunt her dreams..

But now, she is a grown up lady, her only excuse is to prevent outsiders and raiders sneak in her room, not the monster-under-the-bed dilemmas..

Back to story, as she was approaching into her mother's chamber, different maids and royal maids alike are bowing at her as a sign of respect.

When she had arrived at her destination, she quietly opened the door, and entered without a noise.

"I have heard that you called me."

On the other side, was a woman,
Combing her shiny long blonde hair, flowing until her waist,
At the age of 50s
Yet, still a beautiful creature.

She is the queen, Mavis' mother

"Yes, I did. I'm glad that you came at the right time."
She said without looking at her daughter and still combing her hair.

"Is there something you want me to do?"
Mavis ask in a slightly polite manner.

"It seems like you know what I'm thinking.."

An awkward silence suddenly surrounded the room.

"Anyway!"
In an elegant and surprisingly way, the queen stood up from where she is sitting (technically in front of her mirror).

"I want you to check all of the foods the maids are preparing.
Taste it. And decide whether its pleasant in your taste or not.
I want a high standard in it."

"Is that-"

"And lastly, before going to the celebration, I would suggest you change your clothes, I see it pale. And not appropriate for a princess to wear at a party. I wonder now that maybe Mrs. Smith's eyes are getting poorer."

"As you wish, your highness"
Mavis said with a sophisticated bow.

As she was walking away from the door, she started her path going through the palace's kitchen area.

Now, maybe you're wondering on what does that place look..
Let me tell you this, imagine a place where..

There is a wide elongated table approx. 10 meters in length,
In front of that was a kitchen sink
Beside that to left was a 6 kitchen stoves
And from the right was a place where the pans, plates utensils,jars and containers and ladles of different sizes lies.
And behind from all of that is a very large window..

And add to that picture, several royal maids dressed in pale palette colors scattering their ways just to prepare for a party..

And lastly, imagine it with a messy and really dirty background..

That's what the place looks like..

Anyway.. Back at the story, sweats are dripping and sighs are heavy as the servants are preparing some of the palace most disgusting appetizers (based on Mavis' point of view that will be revealed later on).

Getting nearer at the area was the princess walking head held high, what the maids didn't know is that she is approaching nearer, and was hearing all of their conversations..

"Ugh! I hate this job! Look at me, looking so haggard, wasting my time for this piece of crap!!" The ugliest and fattest maid cried.

"Oh! Look who's talking?! Then what about us?! Are we not tired?
The thinnest one said.

After that, the whole area was filled with a clamorous noise.

Just at that moment, the princess was at the front of the wide-opened door.

The fighting maids suddenly noticed someone at the door..

As their eyes widened..

"What are you doing?"
Mavis said with an eyebrow curving upward.

After the princess interrogated them, the ones that looked neat and now wearing filthy clothes maids are stunned, abruptly rushed their ways at their own working stations.

A small and skinny maid approached the princess.

"Your highness, may I ask why are you here for?"
She said with a bow.

Mavis,with an inspecting eye, was keenly observing the place.
And didn't mind the polite question of the servant.

she walked towards the six stoves that was stained by dark and smelly sauce of the boiling dish.

She returned at the center of the table saying,

"The queen ordered me to taste the appetizers for today's celebration.
Can someone from you prepare a small amount of the dishes made?"

The maids hurriedly assembled each dishes at the front of the princess.

In total their are six main courses.

In a small bowl, each kind of food was carefully aligned,
Each had a teaspoon placed beside every bowl.

After a short preparation, Mavis tasted it one by one.

1st dish - o-kay?
2nd dish - blegggh!!
3rd dish - ewww..
4th dish - horrible..
5th dish - tastes like hell!

Though the last dish looked fine and smelled fine

She took a small teaspoonful of the appetizer, where unexpectedly..

She tasted something unfamiliar..
As her tongue is inspecting in her mouth..
Her eyebrows crossed,
Like somewhat she tasted something weird..

Mavis suddenly pulled out something in her mouth..

It looked like a thin piece of string..
A strand of curly golden hair..

Upon the maids seeing this, their eyes were filled of embarrassment and shock alike.

After Mavis put her hand down, she faced the servants with a death glare.

"The dishes, so far, was the most disgusting food I have ever tasted. It's horrible!!"

"Is this what the palace are paying you for?!"

An awkward silence filled the place.

"This my order for you, I want everyone will participate for this thing. No one will complain. No one will fight. Or else! Everyone in this household all be fired!!"

The maids let out a horror-filled gasp

"Make another round of those dishes I've tasted earlier. Get a recipe from the old book Mrs. Smith had."

"But your highness, what about the food that we had made?"
The little maid interrupted with a questionable look on her face.

"Then throw it! I don't care if you wasted precious times for that piece of crap!"

"Remember you have only 3 hours for everything that I arranged for you. Do it or else everyone will lose their job later."

As the princess walked her way outside the kitchen, she recalled something important.

"Ah! I forgot something. Add a dessert in the menu."

Head held high, once again, she elegantly made her way through her chambers to change her pale-colored dress.