Much Awaited Gathering

Mavis returned to her room to change her dress.

"I'm hopeless.. Those maids are brat ones.."

Opening her closet with a smudge look in her face,

"They even have the nerve and the face to gossip about me?! Ugh!! Filthy creatures!!"

She said while she exhaustedly brought her selected dresses from her closet.

"Which should I choose here?"

----------------------an hour later-----------------------

Making her way through a dimly lit path, Mavis went to the grand halls to check the event's interior.

"This place is good. Make sure the chairs and table has no speck of dust. Royal ranks will be here for the celebration."

She said and reminded to the servants.

"Yes, your highness." -was their reply.

Back at her footsteps, the princess is now going to check the dishes the maids are preparing.

They must be doing their task..

After a long walk into the palace, she finally made her way to the kitchen.

The maids, again, with their noises, filled the entire place, which was ironically, a better setting than the first one.

No more greasy stoves..

Lesser plates at the sink..

And a little bit clean clothing of the maids..

These women must be really terrified when they knew that they're going to lose their jobs if they didn't do it well. Mavis thought.

Observing at the door, she stood there with a blank expression.

"Good afternoon, your highness." The respond of the maids when they realized that the princess was back.

After a short greeting, Mavis went around in the area to inspect and to check whether the dishes are the best ones their palace could offer at a royal gathering.

"Mrs. Bretel! I want to tell you something?" She called the royal head servant of the kitchen who was in charge in leading the household.

"Coming! Your highness!" an old lady in her 60's came running gently.

"I see that those maids are doing their jobs correctly. Serve all the dishes at the event hall at 12 noon. Sharp! Understand?"

"Yes, your highness."

Back at the her long walks again, she signed a relief when she knew that her task is done.

But then, "I feel like a total trash.." she quietly told herself.

She imagine in her head about what she looked like, and she saw a haggard lady in a palette colored dress.

Ugh I feel horrible!! She thought as she speed her pace. When she finally saw her brilliant red door, Mavis made a run for it, where unexpectedly, she stepped at her dress and made an awkward fall.

"Ah!.. What the hell did I just did?!" She blamed herself for such a foolish act.

Well, if you'd ask me, she is the type of person who doesn't like being embarrassed. Well, who doesn't like to be embarrassed? (of course no one..)

At the near distance, she saw a pair of feet that looked like someone who stopped at their footsteps.

"Your highness, are you alright?"