The Beginning

Every fairy tale starts when a sun starts to rise..

But this is no fairy tale at all..

No prince to rescue damsels..

Well.. Maybe their were..
But he was late..
And he never came back..

Yes..
Their was a beautiful princess..
But she was an arrogant one..
Who the entire village thought to be a good one..

The princess would always be the royal maids' topic of daily morning gossip..

Spreading lies like she's a monster in disguise
A beast behind an angel's face..

The princess, however never paid attention to those filthy gossips as she thought she always knew what she was doing.

What others don't know was that she was obediently kind to her father, the king of the palace.

And stubbornly kind to her mother..

She was Princess Mavis.

The next Queen of the palace.

So she was like that, trained by her mother as an elegant and sophisticated pursuit who never failed the queen..

Well except from one thing, but I guess I wouldn't tell about that one at this point of time..

Back to the story, at the royal halls a letter was coming from the count, vice count and the baron saying that tomorrow will be their arrival at the palace to report to the king what have happened about their task..

Coincidentally after that said arrival a few weeks later will be Mavis's 20th birthday.

Meanwhile, in a far away cottage, well not really far away it was just a kilometer and a half distant from the palace, is a small and old, dirty cabin. It was once an orphanage and a school but as the time passed it became a hang out place for both thieves and thugs, prostitution and crazy people.

In the dark corner of this place, sat a lonely man, this lonesome man is however, handsome but because of his frown you will not see it.

He ordered for another drink, when suddenly a woman who obviously looked like a prostitute approached him.

She sat beside the forlorn man, seductively saying,

"If you want, I will give you an offer, a party will be held tomorrow night and every eligible bachelor can have all the girls he want for a small value.. What do you say?"

The loner one just gave a smirk.

"What if I say I'm not an eligible bachelor?"

The woman was slightly shocked on what he had said.

"And also I don't buy low class prostitutes like you."

However, disappointed at the stranger's reply, the prostitute still convinced the man to make him join the said party.

"Well, eligible bachelors are not the only ones accepted in the party, but what can I do to make you join? As i see you are a local customer here."

"Hmm.. I guess I couldn't attend that party.. "

An expression of disappointed was a reply from the lady.

Suddenly the attractive man gently lean his face closer to the woman posting as if a something romantic will happen.

He whispered,

"Because I know you will not find the key of this padlock.."

And hanging from his neck lies a bit rusted padlock carved a letter 'E'.