Chapter Fourteen: It's Been So Long

{Rosie's POV}
Practicing with my sword was boring, sketching was boring, even the stars were boring. It had been three months, almost four, since Lapis and Jasper and Peridot left on the hand ship.
'Short mission', Yellow D, 'short mission' indeed.
Yellow Diamond said that everything is fine, and that they will be back shortly. Is four months her definition of short?
Every night when I'm asleep I have nightmares of what could have happened to them. Mostly Peridot, because she's not quite strong in the muscley-sense. She's got new lazer weapons installed into the compact layers of her metal lower arm, but that may not do much damage-wise. Lapis and Jasper going at each other, leaving scratches and blood and broken shards. I want to crawl into an attic or something and go insane if they don't come back.
Then I have an idea. I can just go back. Back to Earth. But it might be too late! And what about Pearl? Garnet? Amethyst? Will they be mad at me?
And Steven and dad...man.
And......Sourcream....oh god....
I have a lot to think about before I confirm I'm going to put this plan into action.
And Yellow Diamond is probably going to punish me if she somehow gets her hands on me again.
But Steven...
Yellow Diamond......
Steven.
-----------------------------
This is the end of the first book! Thank you all for reading, and for those of you who enjoyed reading it, thank you for all your support. The next book is "I'll Put You Back Together", which I already started, so I'll be working on it soon enough!!
Thanks! 😘😃 (10.4.15 || and get amped for book three "Shards" coming soon!)