Chapter Six: Dreams and Memories

{Rosie's POV}
I watched Peridot working on blueprints in the neon lighting that glowed over her desk from my little patch of blanket on the floor. And I finally closed my eyes and fell asleep.
I sat on the beach, like I always did, next to Amethyst, and we were pointing out weird shapes that the stars outlined in the sky.
"That one looks liiiike, A BUTT!" We started laughing and fell on our backs.
"You always say they look like butts!" I said between giggles.
"Yes, but this one was truly captivating!" She said in her Pearl-imitation voice. I laughed harder. My gems began to glow.
Amethyst's eyes widened in shock.
"Quick! Your gems are glowing! Try and summon your weapon!"
I held my hands in front of me and closed my eyes. I focused as hard as I could and it came to me at once.
A sword!
I opened my eyes, seeing my sword right in front of me, as Garnet, Pearl and Rose warped in. Amethyst was over exaggerating her surprise. I held the sword in my hand and it felt so, perfect. I smiled. But one problem. I don't know how to use a sword.
Pearl and Rose ran over to me.
"You summoned you weapon!" Rose exclaimed.
"And it's a sword!" Pearl said. She came over and put her hands on my shoulders. She smiled. I smiled back.
I woke with a start, Peridot shaking my shoulder.
"Come on, Yellow Diamond wants to see you."