The Burden

I woke up to the sun shining on my face, I had that amazing Saturday morning feeling. When you know you can lie in bed for as long as you want to with no consequences. I took this oppurtunity to reflect on my life, I couldn't believe how different things were this time last year. I was still living in Philly, with my entire family. A lot had changed since then, but in a good way - well I thought so anyway. 

I pulled myself out of bed, this was one of many tasks that was getting harder and harder as I only kept getting bigger. I was seven months now, which was scarily close to my due date. Despite the fact that I knew I would have a lot of help and support I still doubted my ability to look after a baby - I could barely look after myself after all. And as horrible as it sounded, I still had my doubts about Mike. Maybe it was my crazy hormones or maybe I had a point - but the thought of him leaving me after the baby is born still lurked in the back of my head. Suppose it got too much for him? It wouldn't be that hard for him to just walk away.

What was I saying? I couldn't think like that, Mike would never do that. 

Shaking it off I wandered downstairs, I walked through the living room, en-route to our kitchen that was connected. I firstly noticed my two brothers sitting on the couch, then my Dad in one of two arm chairs. Then I noticed something else, something I didn't want nor think I'd see again. 

"Mom" I said.

"Holly" She said, I noticed her eyes flicker down to my stomach. 

I knew she had heard about me getting pregnant, but I didn't give her the chance to talk to me about it. In fact we hadn't spoken at all in the past seven months, Luke was the only one still in contact with her. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I came to see you and your brothers" She said. 

"We'll you've seen us so you can go now" I replied. 

"Are you ever going to forgive me, Holly? You can't blank me forever, I'm your Mother" She answered. 

"Forgive you for walking out on us? You got what you wanted, you're back with your 'family' so why can't you leave us alone?" I shouted.

"You need a Mom honey, especially at a time like this, I know you're angry but-" I cut her off. 

"Angry doesn't even cover it. I've been fine the past seven months, thanks but I don't need you" I said dryly. 

How dare she think she can just walk back into my life? 

"I don't know why you did all this, whether it was a cry for help or attention but you can't bring up a baby, you aren't prepared" She said.

All I could see was red, I could have easily throttled her but I knew the anger wasn't good for me. I took a few deep breaths.

"This was an accident, I didn't do it for anyone. But I'm glad it happened, I have Mike, my friends and my family - maybe I'm not as prepared as I need to be. But I sure as hell don't need you" I snarled.

I watched my two brothers and Father as they sat there silently, I didn't know how they felt about this but I had made my choice. My Mom sat with a hurt look on her face, which sickenly made me secretly praise myself for getting to her. She had no retaliation, which made me feel victorious. 

"I'm going up and I'm gonna get ready, I'm going to go out with Mike and by the time I get hope you better not be here" I said and made my way up the stairs.

**Haven't updated in a while, sorry to the few people who are actually reading this. Bit of a boring chapter sorry**