Chapter Fifteen

My eyelids flutter openly slowly, my eyes straining against the blinding fluorescent lights above me. My heart pounds as I look around and down at the tubes connected to my body. My heart slows down slightly as I realise I'm in a hospital room, but I'm still terrified. I attempt to sit up in bed but groan as a sharp pain runs down my stomach. I grab hold of my side and then lift up the stoic medical gown I'm dressed in to see a large bandage attached to my left side. I gulp slightly.

"Miss Martin, you shouldn't be sitting up," a doctor enters the room and rushes to my side, helping me lean back down on the uncomfortable bed that squishes beneath my weight.
"What happened to me?" I ask, my voice croaky as I wriggle around in an attempt to get comfortable.
"You were attacked," he says slowly, picking up a clipboard residing at the end of my bed.
"By who?" I ask, the words catching in my throat as I picture what happened the night of the prom.
"Unfortunately we don't know, the police are attempting to piece together evidence at present, but no suspects have been reported." The doctor clicks a pen repeatedly as he scans the chart. "I'll bring a nurse in to give you some anaesthetic in order to ease the pain."

I nod gratefully as he begins to leave the room, but turns around as he reaches the door. "You're very lucky, Lydia," he says.
There's a slight scoff as I utter "how?" I didn't know how sitting in a hospital room with who knows how many injuries after being attacked by an unknown identity was exactly classed as lucky.
"A cracked rib, sprained ankle, mild concussion, head trauma and stab wound to the lower abdomen," the doctor reads off of my chart. "I'm not sure how many people could survive that. Good thing you're boyfriend was able to save you in time." Boyfriend? My mind immediately flashes to Stiles and our almost kiss.

The doctor scratches his head as if in attempt to remember the name. "Mr Lahey, he got pretty hurt but was luckily able to fight off the attacker and call the police."
"Isaac got attacked too?" I ask in disbelief. He nods. "I want to see him," I say, propping myself up.
"Lydia I don't think that's a good-"
"Take me to him."

***

I receive numerous pitied looks as I'm taken to Isaac's room on the next floor in a wheel chair. I attempted to walk, but the pain in my side reignited with every step I took, so here I am being wheeled into his room by a nurse who looks as though she would rather be doing anything else with her time.
"Isaac," I say gently as I approach his bed. He's turned away from me, and for a moment I can't tell if he's conscious or not.

"Hey, beautiful," the familiar voice replies, with Isaac turning to face towards me, his bed creaking beneath the shift in his weight, much like mine had. I attempt to hide the shock on my face as I see his face. It's covered with dark purple bruising, and a bandage covers from his ear to his neck. I know I probably look even worse, but I had been avoiding the hospital mirrors for a reason.

"Do you remember who did this?" I ask, moving closer to him.
"No, I don't remember much, just seeing someone hurt you and I tried to stop them. I never saw his face, he was wearing a black hoodie. I can't believe someone hurt you." Isaac says the last sentence with spite, brushing a hand gently across my lip, which tingles slightly as I realise I must have a cut across it. I sit there in silence for a moment, not sure what I can say, the events that had occurred have left me speechless. "Did you have a good time at prom with Stiles, at least?"
My breath catches in my throat at the mention of Stiles, of how Isaac saw us almost kiss. "Isaac, I can explain."
"There's no need to." He interrupts me. "I shouldn't of left. I was afraid, but it was unfair to you. I don't blame you for going with Stilinski, I don't care Lydia" Isaac takes his hand in mine. "I shouldn't of left you. I won't ever leave you never again. I'll always be here, always."

-------------------------------------------------
Author's note
Sorry for a long update, I've been very busy. The next update won't be for at least 2 weeks as I'm about to enter exams at school.
This story has now gotten over 6000 reads which means so much, so thank you to everyone who reads/votes/comments for this story!
Please vote and comment on this story as it pushes me to continue writing this story.
Don't forget to follow me on Instagram @teensourwolfpack and tell me what you think of the story so far on there, it would mean so much.

xx
VintageMiseryX