Chapter 8: Good Vibrations

A/N: Here is the regular update, every two weeks. Post significant comments if you want the next chapter right away :) I'd love to know what you think of the songs in this chapter especially. Thanks!

 Chapter 8: Good Vibrations

After the group had been slow dancing for a while, the guys decided to perform. The furniture was moved around so they could space their instruments out again. The girls sat on the sofa to wait. When everyone was in position and a sound check completed, Jax spoke into the microphone. It had obviously been turned down for Mellie's sake. He looked right at her, smiled sheepishly, and said, "I wrote this song a while back. It was sort of a joke. It's a funny song, not a love song. I wasn't going to show it to anyone or put music to it, but of course these guys found it." He looked around at his friends with a frown. They chuckled and nodded.

Looking back at Mellie, Jax continued, "So don't be offended. No, that's wrong. I know you won't be offended. Just... uh... don't let the dirty parts scare you." He grinned, and the girls all laughed. His gaze skipped to each of the other girls as he added, "And just so I won't be the only one in trouble here, the other guys added their own verses. Okay. Here we go."

Keyon started a soft beat. The keyboard came in with a catchy tune followed by the bass and guitar. Jax sang, "Dirty girl across the street. You increase my heart beat." He grinned, and Mellie laughed. The other three guys joined Jax, all singing, "Dirty girl. Dirty girl. Uh!" On the uh, the guys standing thrust their hips forward. The girls giggled, and Mellie blushed. "Dirty girl. Dirty girl. Uh!"

Jax sang, "Your formerly white tank top, makes my eyes pop," but Keyon yelled out "Jeans!" when Jax sang "eyes". Mellie blushed more and put her hands over her face as she kept laughing. The song continued:

o/~ Dirty girl. Dirty girl. Uh!

o/~

o/~ I was never interested in flowers and trees.

o/~ You make me want to tangle with the birds and the bees.

o/~ Dirty girl. Dirty girl. Uh!

o/~

o/~ I'll play in the dirt. Seeds I will sow.

o/~ Let's see what we can make grow.

o/~

The girls screamed into their hands, laughing hysterically, and all the guys grinned.

o/~ Dirty girl. Dirty girl. Uh!

o/~

The music sped up a bit on the chorus.

o/~ My dirty girl sure does clean up nice.

o/~ She's all sugar and spice.

o/~ I'll love you forever, don't care what they say.

o/~ I'll love you all goddamn day!

o/~ My dirty girl. Dirty girl. Uh!

Keyon sang by himself, "She reads a smutty novel, and makes me grovel." The guys all joined in for the, "Dirty girl. Dirty girl. Uh! Dirty girl. Dirty girl. Uh!" Claire seemed to love it, and Mellie bet Keyon improvised it that night. Mellie noticed Claire was videoing the performance with her cell phone.