Chapter 13. I Didn't Steal Your Lunch

"Do you know him?"

I looked down at the body that laid in front of me, dead.

"His name's Josh." Scott said.

Josh's throat had about four slashes through it, "He was a junior." he continued.

Stiles looked at Theo before covering Josh's body, "It was the one with the cane, wasn't it?" I asked looking down to the floor.

"Yeah." Theo answered. "What are we going to do with him? We can't just set the alarm and leave, that's how Tracy disappeared. Someone's got to stay here with him." Stiles said.

"And that someone's going to be me." I said looking up, and Stiles squinted his eyes at me, "Skylar, you're not exactly one to guard a supernatural creature, and if you haven't noticed, there are these things going around changing teenagers into supernatural creatures." he said

Theo sighed, "I'll stay with her." he said looking at me, and Stiles gave him a look. "It's not like I got a big Saturday night planned." Theo said, before Scott's phone buzzed.

"I don't think so, I'm not leaving the two of you in the same room, especially when I don't trust one of you." Stiles said looking at Theo as he said that last part. "Stiles-"

"Guys, they found another one, another Chimera." Scott said.

He looked at Stiles before walking to the door, "Stiles, we gotta go." Stiles looked at Theo for a moment before turning back to me, "Call me if anything happens."

It's been about an hour and a half since Scott and Stiles had left, and neither Theo nor I had said one word. I had to admit, I was pretty scared, there was someone going around collecting dead supernatural creatures so I pretty much have the right to be worried.

"You're scared." Theo said, smirking. Of course, he could basically smell my fear from where he stood. "Maybe a little." I answered.

"Don't worry, I'm pretty sure I'm strong enough to fight whatever's coming." he said. "Well aren't you a little too modest." I laughed.

He walked closer to me and grabbed my hand, and I felt something go off in my stomach. "I meant to say that I'll protect you." he smiled, and I looked down not knowing what to say.

I've never been this nervous being around Theo, so I don't know what was happening. Maybe I'm falling for him. 

No I'm not. Snap out of it Skylar, he's your best friend, you shouldn't be saying that about him.

But what if I really am falling for him, what if I'm falling for my best friend, what if I have fallen for Theo Raeken.

I felt two fingers by my chin lifting my head to look up, "Don't hide your face, I like looking at it." he said, and I chuckled.

"Cheesy, I know." he smiled. Theo looked at me for a moment before he moved back, and cleared his throat. "Um, Skylar there's something I've been needing to tell you."

I rose an eyebrow, "I've been holding it in since we were young but I don't really know if I can keep it any longer."

I was getting nervous, was it something I did? We were going so fine, but he just backed away all of a sudden. "What is it? I didn't do anything, did I? I-" 

"No, it's not that. I just-" 

"Is this about how I stole your lunch back in the third grade?"

"Skylar-"

"I already said it wasn't me it was-" I was interrupted by a pair of lips crashing into mine, and I could feel something almost like fireworks exploding in my stomach.