Chapter 10- love struck

Magsimula sa umpisa

"This is Lexi, my cousin," she said kneeling down by the bed. "She's your cousin?" I asked quietly.

"Yup, Ruby's daughter," she said looking at the baby. "Ruby's daughter? Ruby is a mother? " I asked shocked looking at Hailey. She just nodded. "A single mother," she said as my mind drifted to ways why she could be a single mom.

"Don't go that far Blondie, the baby wasn't born until after marriage,"
she said chuckling as I forrowed my eyebrows. "Ruby was married?"

"Actually it was arranged. Thats why it didn't turn out well. No one knew a lot about her ex husband, he was genuine at first, but then after marriage, she was in hell because of him. He did the worst things you could imagine to her. So simply,we don't count him as Lexi's dad, we just count him As the biggest jerk alive, and that's for reasons I'm not sure I can tell you," she said slightly Chuckling at the last part.

"It's okay, I know it's personal for Ruby. And I'm kind of relieved she's single," I said smirking as she furrowed her eyebrow.

"You wanna date Ruby? She asked confused. "No," I said with a duh tone, " that would be nuts. She's 4 years older than me. But, you noticed riker a minute ago, right?"

"Definitely. What has gotten into him?" she asked facing me. "I know Riker pretty well, and he was love strucked, " I said smirking while wiggling my eyebrows. "You think he likes Ruby? "

"I know he likes her, he was frozen when he saw her. He didn't even say hi, it's as if he was dead. While you were going to get the water glass, he mumbled 'I just saw an angel' " I said chuckling a bit. to be honest, I would've acted the same when I saw Hailey, but the poor girl was lost, and I didn't want her to regret coming up to me for help.

"You know, they would actually make a cute couple," she said smirking.

The baby then shifted and opened her bright hazel innocent eyes smiling. "How old is she?"

"She's 1 and a half years old," she said smiling at Lexi. The baby then squeeled and throwed her arms at Hailey. The baby looked a lot like Hailey. Except that she had hazel eyes and black hair.

"I actually taught her a few things," Hailey said as lexi got up with her petite legs crossed on the bed. "Lex, say hi to Ross," the baby then breathed a little hi as I chuckled. "That was cute, but she could do better, " Hailey said smirking. Just then, she whispered something to lexi, that I never understood.

The baby threw herself at me and planted her lips just above my chin. I laughed then caught her in my arms. "How did you do that?" I asked Hailey as the baby rested her head on my chest.

"I just told her to kiss you in Arabic," she said shrugging. "You speak Arabic?" I asked my jaw dropped. "Well, duh. I did live in an Arab country for 9 years."

"Hailey, can you do me a favor?" I asked as she nodded. "Yeah?"

"Take off your lens," I said as she smiled and looked into the mirror in front of her and took it off. "To be honest, I don't know why you hide it," I said as she blushed looking down. I bet I was a tomato too.

"Because they look so weird, I have a blue one, and a gray-greenish one. It isn't normal. "

"You don't have to be normal to fit in, you just have to be you," I said looking at her eyes. she smiled that beautiful smile of hers and looked at me. "Thank you, Ross. That means a lot," I smiled baring my teeth and looked at the baby.

-----------------------------------------

Hailey's P.O.V.

**The next day

"Good morning dad," i said smiling as my father stepped into the living room yawning. "morning princess," he said sitting on the couch next to me. "I thought mom was your princess," i said turning to him smiling. Mom always used to tell me dad called her princess, which she loved a lot. "Your mother is my Queen," he said proudly as i chuckled. "oh, so you own a kingdom now?"

"Yup, that's why we're called 'The Knights'," that was a good one. Just then mom, Ruby and Jason walked down. Mom sat and kissed mine and dad's cheeks, Jason was still half sleep.
He was stuttering weird words i couldn't put together. I went up to take a quick cold shower, then wore my NIKE gray sweat-shorts that went just below my knee, and a pink sweat shirt. I was planning on having a lazy day. I let my brown curls dry naturally and Sat on the bed thinking out the previous days.

I find it so weird that I act natural around Ross, I cried in front of him a couple of days ago, I never cry in front of any one. He seemed to be taking all the Stress away from me with just a single look. Even though I didn't tell him everything, I felt comfortable around him.

Even his hugs are the best, which is new, because I always feel conscious when someone holds me close.

I always tell myself to be strong, I always am, but I know that deep inside I'm fucked up. But i have Jason, Rayyan, mom, Ruby and dad. And now Ross. I seem to forget everything around them.

i left my deep thoughts and went down to have my usual breakfast, oat flakes with warm milk.

I then suddenly felt a cold shiver up on my head. I turned around to see Jason smirking, holding a water bottle on top of my head. "Water fight Saturday?" I asked smirking as he nodded.

"This time, we'll have it by the pool," he said taking my hand to help me up.

"Well," I said folding my arms, "I hope you don't mind me taking the lead, cause you'are about to stomp on your feet," I said smirking as I heard Ruby 'OO'ing' from the back.

"Gosh, will you stop with that bitchy smirk?" He said rolling his eyes.

"Whatever, I'll go set the camera and the water guns, you take care of the rest, " I said folding my arms. "Okay, bossy pants."

Every Saturday, me and Jason have a watertight by our yard. Sometimes Ruby joined when she was visiting, which caused ultra fun. We usually film it, Jason says for memories. We have water pumps, guns, and balloons . Sometimes a hose.

I set the camera by the pool, filled the water guns and opened the backyard door.

"Why did you do that? " Ruby asked confused.

"Because the looser gets to have it on tape," I said as she bumped fists with me.

Jason set the water balloons on the board that was floating in the pool, and the pumps under a chair.

I set the camera on record, me Ruby and Jason stood in front of it. "This is water fight eighty-, eighty what?" I said turning to Jason as he laughed.

"Eighty-nine."

"Round 1 is the guns, round 2 is the pumps, and 3 is the balloon round," i said as we took places. All of us we're still in our sweats, and mine and Ruby's hair was pulled into a high ponytail. We had two black lines in each cheek, and our guns set in our arms.

My revenge was about to begin.