Chapter 2: Naming and Housing

Kaito's P.O.V:

How did I even end up taking these kittens with me? I mean seriously! I was never meant to adopt a pet in the first place! Sure, I'm good with animals and the apartment that I'm currently staying at is pretty big, but I was never meant to take care of 9 small kittens!

Ugh, me and my quick thinking. Sometimes I wonder if I could possibly rewind my life just for two seconds and see where I went wrong. Like seriously.

Anyways, I tried my best not to limp, since the kitten on my shoulder would immediately take notice of it. I found out something strange about these kittens. They're pretty observant. I mean, the orange one on my shoulder keeps glancing around as if expecting some sort of ambush or something.

I know the city is slightly dangerous and stuff, but is it really that bad that even a cat has to look over his shoulder? Oh and all of them are guys. I found that out when I was picking them up.

I hate having to find out the gender of animals, but hey. Working at a pet shop for nearly three years really does pay off sometimes. And so does being a waitress. It helps me stay balanced even when I'm in pain, and that's what I'm doing right now. I'm balancing the box of kittens on my good arm and allowing my injured wrist to rest until I get home.

I'll patch up in my room while the kittens are distracted.

I don't care if they're just animals. I learned that animals can be very intelligent when they want to, such as these kittens. I'm pretty sure they think I'm a guy too, so I'll let them believe that until the time is right.

Besides, there's no way I'm changing with males in the room. Heck, I don't even change when there are girls around. It has to be me and only me!

Okay, back to where we were.

Yeah, so I just arrived at the door of my apartment. The kitten on my shoulder watched as I pulled out a key and inserted it into the door knob. Twisting it to the left, I heard the familiar click of the lock opening as I turned the knob and opened the door.

I walked inside and closed the door behind me as I took my shoes off, slightly wincing from the pain in my leg and stood back up once I placed my shoes on the shoe rack behind the door.

"Well, kittens. This'll be your new home for now, until I move back to my parents' house." I watched the kittens in the box as they meowed at me, well, most of them did. The one that attacked my hand was sulking in a corner of the box.

Guess we'll have to work on our relationship with each other more often.

"I'll show you around as soon as I get dressed. Then we'll see where we need to go from there. Okay?"

Most of them meowed. "Ok then." I set the box down and slowly tore the side flap away so that the kittens wouldn't feel uncomfortable with me picking them up and man-handling them. "You're free to explore the area, except the kitchen. I won't be long."

And with that, I carefully picked up the orange kitten on my shoulder and placed him on the sofa. "Keep an eye on them, ok?"

The kitten meowed and sat up tall...like a boss. Made me smile just a tad bit.

Glancing once more at the kittens, I went to the bathroom first to get washed up and get out the first-aid kit.

Third Person P.O.V:

"Finally that bitch is gone!" Hidan complained as he jumped on the table and took a look around.

"Hidan, you went too far as to injure the boy. He was already hurt enough as it is." Itachi stated in a calm but firm voice, not showing his irritation to the Jashinist.