Chapter 8: Two humans, Eight Kittens Left

Kaito's P.O.V:

I fell hard onto my butt, holding one hand over my left eye and shivering from the sudden coldness that had encircled my body. It was cold to the bone wherever I was, and I didn't like it. I didn't enjoy the cold as much, especially right now, since these hospital clothes weren't much for keeping your body warm.

It was dark, but not pitch black. I heard breathing, my own breathing. I could see my breath in front of me and concluded we were somewhere outdoors. But whatever I fell on was kind of soft. Like grass.

I felt something warm being placed over my shoulders. It felt like a cloth. Two warm pairs of hands were placed over my shoulders and it made me stiffen from the contact.

Since when was I with another person? I was with the kittens. Pein and Tobi.

Then who's...

I shivered violently once again and felt the hands rubbing my shoulders and my arms, trying to warm me up. My fingers clenched around the cloth and pulled it closer to my body as I turned my head to the side, looking over my shoulder at whoever was behind me.

My breath got caught in my throat. I felt all the color leave my face as I came face-to-face with the one person I wasn't expecting to ever meet.

Purple ringed eyes stared back into my own dirty blue ones.

A soft gasp left my lips as I turned around and leaned back on my arms, staring up at him, shocked at the fact that he was standing here, in person, trying to warm me up.

Keep it together! Keep it together! I have to make sure he doesn't know that I know who he really is!

"Who are you?"

My voice came out small and soft, almost girly. I scooted back a bit, afraid of what he might do. He's the goddamn leader of a criminal organization who can destroy a village with two words. How can I NOT be scared of him?!

I couldn't go back much though. My back came into contact with a hard, sturdy, not-so-very-nice wall that decided to get in my way of life and death apparently.

He leaned down on one knee and stared at me, almost as if he was trying to stare into my soul. His eyes held an authorizing gaze, making him seem intimidating. My breathing sped up and my heart felt like it would leap out of my chest any moment now. He reached a hand out and on instinct, I threw my arms in front of my face and waited for any sudden contact from him but...

It never came. Instead, I felt his big warm hand on top of my head. As I uncovered my face, I looked at him confused.

"Uh..."

He said nothing, only staring at my face. His eyes slowly started to wander down and they stopped at...my chest.

Oh shit. Now I know I'm gonna get it. He figured out that I'm not a guy but in fact a girl! But...he's staring.

I felt my cheeks redden slightly. I don't care who the hell I'm facing off against, if a guy randomly goes and stares at my chest, I'm still gonna blush. I'm still a girl!

"D-don't stare, dumbass."

I furrowed my eyebrows and turned my head to the side with my cheeks flaring, crossing my arms over my chest as I suddenly felt rather self-conscious of myself, especially with such thin clothing on that it revealed a lot of skin.

The awkward silence that came after it was very uncomfortable. I refused to look at him and it seemed as if he refused to say anything either. What's he thinking anyways? Is he planning ways to torture me or something? Why's he so quiet? He wasn't this quiet back in the anime. He usually had something to say. But then again, he wasn't in many episodes anyways.