Chapter Thirty Six

Start from the beginning

“you ok?” he asked quietly

“Alex I'm out of a job, I have no income coming in and I stay at home all day, I'm not ok but I'm getting there, sorry for being like this” I reached across the table and placed my hand over his.

He took his other hand and placed in over mine “don't worry about money, like I said last week we can afford for you to never work again, we have enough money to buy another building so don't worry about that either, but I would like to look at buying a house soon”

“maybe I can look through some more houses when I get home then” I stated and he lent over giving me a kiss.

“Alex I need to tell you something” I started but a hand on my shoulder made me jump slightly, it was only Josh but he still scared the crap out of me “don't do that you tool” I hissed punching his stomach.

“bitch” he cursed letting out a fake cough, yeah my brother was real mature.

“so Lilly what's going on?”

“just having lunch with my hot husband” I answered taking my hand back and stealing a handful of Alex's chips, he didn't say anything, he just reached and took my coke and took a large sip then placed it back, best thing was that neither of us minded if we had to share food with each other.

“what did you want to tell me?” Alex asked

“it's nothing” I lied. I would have to tell him later tonight when he came home.

“I missed your surgery, how did you manage to do the transplant if the donors one was doa?” Josh asked and I zoned out to that conversation, I didn't want to listen to those gory details, especially when I was eating food.

When I was done with eating I sat and listened to the boys, they were talking about houses and then moved onto cars and then Josh started talking about how he screwed one of the new interns, that was when I stopped listening again.

“I'm going to head back home” I interrupted there conversation.

Alex stood abruptly “already? You only just got here”

“Alex it's almost 2, you've been to busy talking about Josh's latest fucks to notice” I stood up slightly annoyed, I didn't want to get into an argument with him but heck the man could have noticed I was here a bit better.

“I'll walk you out” he grabbed my hand pulling me with him “sorry” he muttered quietly “I didn't mean to leave you out”

“It's fine, don't worry about it” I smiled reassuringly.

He had walked me to the car and kissed me goodbye, telling me he loved me and that he would try get off earlier so we could go out to dinner and go catch a movie together, have a date night, which to be honest sounds like a perfect idea.

I went home and scanned though the buildings for sale, seeing if there was anything worth looking at if I decided to go ahead and re build what I lost, if I decided to do it. I will admit there was a couple alright places so I bookmarked them and looked at some houses, Alex and I were getting desperate to move.

The apartment door closed and I started getting excited Alex has actually knocked off work early to have a date with me.

“your home” I smiled as he walked in the bedroom.

Unfortunately he didn't return my smile, he wasn't happy and it was a dead give away by the way his chest was rising up and down heavily “when was you going to tell me?” he spoke, his voice was deathly low and serious.

He was really mad and I had never seen him angry before, never had I been to a point of afraid of him like I was now.

I closed the laptop and got up off our bed walking to him about to open my mouth but he stopped me from speaking “don't fucking talk to me, is it true?”

“is what true” I whispered out, tempting to talk even though I was told not too.

“Jamie are you going to his grave tomorrow, is this the reason you've been a fucking depressed mess?” his voice boomed, the people above and below would definitely be able to hear this fight “your not going Lilly”

I felt anger filling my veins “you don't control me Alex”

“go to that grave tomorrow and we are done” he gritted through a clenched jaw.

“fuck off Alex, you know how I feel about him and about you but if you going to be like this then just piss off and leave, go to Jane and fuck her” I shouted throwing a pillow at him as tears spilled down my cheeks.

“you know what maybe I will go fuck her, at least she's not a lying bitch” he spat as he walked out, slamming the door shut and leaving the apartment, leaving me to fall to the floor sobbing as I felt my heart tearing to pieces, would he really sleep with her? Was the question burning in my mind.