Chapter Ten

Alex was driving, Josh in the front passenger, me behind Josh and Emma behind Alex, I wasn't going to sit in the front, Emma had begged me to sit with her, I actually think she liked Josh, well who wouldn't he was pretty cute and available, but he was also a sexoholic, yes that was what I was calling him.

He decided to make yet another comment about Alex and me after we walked out to the car, apparently we both looked well fucked.

I say we're just making up for lost time.

Alex says he's just giving me a reminder of how to make a baby, yeah like I can easily forget that

We stocked up on junk food, food to keep up full until we arrived then we had to go get groceries because Alex's mum said they were low, she also left him some money, not that he needed it since I figured he made a pretty hefty salary with the work he does.

He told me he was a surgeon but I actually didn't know what type he was.

“Alex?” I spoke breaking the silence

“Mm” He spoke still keeping his eyes on the road.

“What type of surgeon are you?”

Josh let a scoff out “He's the love doctor, all the women want to be operated on him.”

“So he's a flirt at work?” Emma narrowed her eyes looking at me knowingly, I could see her imaginary 'boyfriend meter' ticking closer to the cheater corner.

The car was yet again silent as I stared out the window not bothering to look ahead, I just slumped further in the seat and closed my eyes. It hadn't even been ten seconds when the car stopped, my eyes opened and we were at a petrol station, Alex was getting out and Josh turned to face us.

“Lily, Alex doesn't date, well that whole mess with Jane was something crazy but serious I have never even seen him with a girl while I have known him and we've lived together for around eight years.”

“Really?” Emma pressed “Because Lily has been fucked around by too many men and I won’t put up with him being all chummy with other women behind her back” wow she was really giving it to him, and what the heck is with the word chummy?

Josh snorted “fucking hell woman you’re a tough bitch, yes at work women hit on him and flirt, he never flirts back, hell I didn't think he even liked women until Lilly came along, he's not going to hurt her” he rushed out quickly as Alex walked back to the car.

Well that eased my thoughts, and now the 'boyfriend meter' was back in the safe zone, plus I kind of knew he wasn't a flirt judging by the way he spoke to me when I bumped into him at that bar. Yeah definitely not a flirt.

Alex got in the car and pointed to me “You switch with Josh.”

Josh was already out the door before I had my belt off, someone's in a hurry to switch seats which makes me wonder if he has a little thing for Emma as well... maybe I could play match maker.