Chapter Twenty Three

“Yes” I practically shouted as he slid the diamond ring on my finger “Yes a thousand times yes”

I was body slammed into the bed Alex hoovering over the top of me as he kissed me like crazy, I cant believe he had just proposed.

We're engaged!

“god I cant believe it's you” he grinned but then his smile dropped “I can't believe they all knew, that they killed our child, that is just the sickest thing I have ever heard”

My smile faded instantly as well “I know, I can't believe Josh is my brother”

“I cant believe we were having sex when you was only 16” he grinned then burst into a fit of laughter “fuck I was robbing the cradle then”

I laughed with him, he was definitely a cradle snatcher “we must have been in love to have sex when I was that young, at least you were my first and will be my last”

“same sweetheart, to know that you were pregnant back then makes me happy but kind of hurts, we've lost two babies, I just don't know what to do if we lost another baby Lily”

“well I hope it doesn't happen again, I love you, I really do love you and I really want another baby with you” I smiled brushing a blond strand of his hair back

“well I love you more, lets get married soon, we've been apart for so long and I want you to be mine”

I nodded just before his lips crashed to mine.

What was so bad about his parents being here? Well let me tell you, right in the middle of some serious baby making Alex's mum walked in to talk to us. Yeah Alex flipped out and screamed at her to get the fuck out of his room, I was just grateful that our naked bodies were covered by the blankets.

I have no idea who was more humiliated, her or us as we sat around the kitchen table the next morning, all of us having breakfast, Josh and Emma were silent but I knew they were eager to talk to us.

Alex sat the paper down and cleared his throat, I guess they were all waiting for one of us to speak first “well after finding out that Lilly and I were together all those years ago we've decided to take the next step”

“your dating?” his mum asked

“no, we were already dating” Alex snapped “were getting married in four weeks”

Yes, that's right we had decided to not waste any more time, finding out your long lost love is right under your nose this whole time just makes us not want to wait any longer.

“don't you think your rushing a bit?” his dad asked looking up over his paper.

“no” we both answered.

“congratulations” Emma smiled, I smiled back at her but I was still pissed off, nothing could take the anger from me at the moment.

“where are you going to get married?” Josh asked obviously trying to seem happy for us.

“down the lake” Alex spoke.

The lake was a place we would sneak off to together to be alone, and no I'm not just talking about having sex, I'm talking about riding down on the horses, swimming and having picnics, it was the perfect spot there.

“so you remember things then?” his mum sat down asking

“we remember most things, some are still blurred but I remember Lily” Alex answered giving me a smile, one which I mirrored back.

“so when are you heading home?” his dad asked

“I think we should head back today” Josh answered for us.

I was relieved, I wanted go home and get away from here, we had a wedding to plan and getting that done in four weeks was going to take some major fast organising, especially with getting a dress, that was definitely on the top of my to do list.

“Lilly?” I heard Alex speak

“yeah babe” I answered which made he laugh.

“I said are you sure your ok to leave today?” he spoke.

I just nodded and took my cup up to the sink where Alex's mum spoke, I didn't feel comfortable her by her first name, well not yet anyway, not after everything they hid.

Another thought crossed my mind and I shot my eyes to Josh “did she know, did our sister know this whole time?”

He swallowed hard and nodded “she was told not to say anything”

“thanks alot” I muttered feeling more betrayed by the second.

I didn't want to be here, I wanted to go and get some fresh air, in fact I wanted to ride my horse, riding like we used to do.

I took off down to the stables, there she was trotting around the yard like nothing was bothering her, I jumped the fence since I was no longer pregnant, I could be as careless as I wanted to be.

“Lilly” Alex called out behind me

“what?” I answered turning around giving him a shrug.

“you ok, you kind of took off in a hurry” he breathed out as he finally reached me.

“this is just overwhelming, I mean I cant even stand to be near any of them, they knew this whole time Alex, I had a brother who left me and my best friend knew about you, they both knew about us and our baby and never once said anything, she has been there watching me cry and get upset because I couldn't remember my past” I shouted just wanting to get all this anger out.

“I know, I fucking know” he pulled me hard against his chest, wrapping his arms around me tightly.

“what are we going to do?” I mumbled into his chest

“what do you mean?” he let me go back slightly so I could talk properly.

“I mean when we go back, were going to be going back to our normal lives, you a talented surgeon, me a beauty therapist, we'll be living apart and” I sighed when Alex pressed his finger to my lips, obviously wanting me to shut me up.

“why don't we move in together then?” he said it like the most natural thing.

“where?” I questioned.

“my place, we have a spare room if you want Emma to move with you, unless it's too weird for you?”

“you wouldn't mind me living with you like everyday?” I asked, I did actually like the idea of waking up every morning with the love of my life.

“I want to spend every chance I get to be with you, I'm going to marry you and have babies with you, Lilly we have been apart for too long as it is” he smiled, I looked up and smiled back, this was definitely a good decision.

“can we go riding?” I asked

“you already went riding this morning” he smirked

“your a pervert, I meant on the horse and to the lake” I pushed his chest playfully and kissed him once before talking off to the barn.

Our riding only lasted for around half hour, we just trotted at a slow pace, side by side and talking to each other, remembering memories that we once had growing up. The lake was amazing, I could see us being married here and having a perfect day.

When we got into the house everyone stopped talking, they just looked at us and his mum had a smile over her face “Alex I know it might be hard but can we watch it, please?”

We both frowned unsure what she was on about, she held the remote in her hands and pressed play.

Well Dr I think I think you need to give me a attentive physical I heard my voice speak then Alex's don't worry I plan on being very very thorough baby.

“turn it off” Alex shouted realising that his parents were about to watch the sex tape we made, his parents froze and Josh and Emma burst out laughing as they realised we played Dr in the bedroom.

Chapter Twenty Four