Back on the highway I was sitting comfortable in the front seat, Alex had hold of my hand which was placed on his upper thigh, no I didn't put it there to distract him, I just sat it there to show I wasn't annoyed about the earlier conversation.

“I'm qualified in more than one type” he spoke quietly.

I glanced up at him a little confused “huh?”

A grin spread across his face “you asked what type of surgeon I was, I am qualified in more than one sort, neuron, trauma, cardio, general and also paediatric, that's why I get a lot of calls, no one there is as skilled as what I am, nor do they have as many specialities.”

Suddenly I was hearing Usher's Oh My God in my head. He is a freaking smarty pants, I would have only guessed one of those, not all of them.

“That’s very impressive” I spoke still half stunned “so if I had a heart attack right now you could fix me?” I grinned up at him

“Yes” he lifted my hand up placing a soft kiss along my thumb.

“If I had half my arm hanging off and shredded could you fix it?” Emma spoke up, she had obviously been listening in the conversation.

“Yes I would amputate it” He chuckled “Then sow it to your mouth.”

“You’re really the sick freak like the guy from the human centipede movie, have you ever watched that?” She mocked and laughed loudly

“Shut up and don't talk about that fucking disgusting creep” I scowled, I absolutely hated shit like that, and Emma had put it on one night when I walked out of my room to grab a glass of water and right there was the people crawling around on the floor, fucking gave me nightmares for month.

“Take it you don't like scary movies?” Josh asked.

“Nope, actually I did watch the house of wax in fast forward.”

“She watched Hostel and screamed so loud when the guy was having the backs of his heels cut, she won't even let people touch her feet she's that freaked out by it.”

And now we went into bag Lilly out because she hates horror movies, it's not my fault I love romance and funny ones.

Three hours later we were an hour away, Alex pulled over to stretch his long legs and the boys needed to take a piss, as they nicely put it.

Emma was asleep in the back seat, she had finally stopped talking and put herself to sleep like a good little girl, Alex was filling me in more about his job and what he does, which is actually a lot more than I thought, Grey’s Anatomy isn't even close to what he does.

I got out of the car to also stretch my legs and since we were in the middle of nowhere I didn't want to drop my trousers and squat on the side of the road. No thanks!

Alex walked over giving me a concerned look “You feeling alright?”

I let out a sigh “Alex. I am pregnant not disabled.”

He nodded and hung an arm over my shoulder “Sorry.”

“Did you tell your parents you knocked someone up?” I looked up squinting as the bright sun shone down hard on us, if it wasn't for the air con in the car I would be sweating like a pig in there.

“No, not the conversation I wanted to have over the phone with her, they already think I'm gay” He kicked his shoe in the gravel

“What?” I bit my lip to hold in the laugh

“Yeah well when you go never bring a girl home to meet the parents they start to assume things” He laughed kissing the top of my head “promise you once they come home I will introduce you to them, and let them know about our baby news”

“Sounds good” I smiled leaning into his warm chest more as I wrapped an arm around his waist

“Have you told your family about the baby?” he asked and my stomach dropped, he doesn't know that they weren't around.

“Umm my parents were killed in a car accident a couple years back, semi-trailer ran into the side of them so it's just me” I mumbled nervously

“Oh shit I'm sorry I didn't know” he spoke as we got back in the car, I noticed Josh was also fast asleep in the back seat.

“It’s ok, you didn't know and my family is something I don't talk about much, but I do want to go see if their house is still empty.”

“Do you remember where you used to live?” he started the car back up.

“I have the address and a photo of the place” I turned to look at Josh and Emma who were still asleep and I pulled my phone out and snapped a photo of them, definitely a cute photo.

Alex took hold of my hand giving it a kiss “we can go and check out the house, I have all the time to help you do whatever you want while were here, but no over doing it, I want you to take it easy and do not lift anything” he said a bit more sternly.

I nodded not wanting to anger him, but I wasn't silly I wouldn't lift things if it meant risking the baby growing inside me, the baby that's half Alex and half me.

We spent the rest of the trip talking more and more, getting to know each other better, finding out that a lot of things we had in common, we even went to the same school believe it or not, it was weird to know that we were so similar and grew up so close together but we never once crossed paths. I just knew I was going to uncover a whole lot more about him, because even if he didn't say it, I knew he was holding back on a lot, just like I was.