Chapter 1 Morning Roses

•Amy's POV•

I yawned and stretched my arms as I stood up. Sonic's arms flopped down onto the bed next to me. I turned around to see his face. The sunlight from our huge window shown and created my shadow. It stretched across his body to the floor on the other side of him.

I kissed his nose gently and then turned to my alarm clock.

7:34

My eyes widened and I jumped out of bed. I rushed to get my robe on and ran to Silver, Tails', and Cream's room.

"Silver! Hurry, wake up! You only have 20 minutes to eat and get dressed!"

"How could I let him be late again?!"

I rushed down to the kitchen and put toast in the toaster. I leaned against the refrigerator, hoping that the clock had been wrong. Silver was constantly late to school because of me. If he was late anymore he's have to repeat 4th grade!

As the toast was being made Silver ran down the steps in a gray T-shirt and blue jeans. His book-bag hung over one shoulder as he made himself some cereal.

7:47

"Come on, Silver! I won't let you be late again! As soon as the toast was done he was on his way outside.

"Come on, come on! The bus is almost here, sis!" He said and I handed him the toast. "Bye Silver, be safe, love you!" I called as he ran down our long driveway to get to the bus stop on time.

I sighed and leaned against the edge of the doorway.

"Ugh...when's work again?" I asked myself as Tails and Cream came floating in front of me.

"You always leave around 9:00." Tails told me and Crean nodded, agreeing with him. "Thanks guys, I'm going to the living room. Wake me up later, okay?" I smiled at them.

I didn't want to risk waking Sonic. He had had such a terrible night. He deserved the long rest. I flopped on the couch and reached for my phone. I turned it on to set an alarm. I knew Sonic would be here soon, trying to soothe me and get me to sleep more. But he didn't understand the whole "job" idea.

He died before jobs were really a big thing. He might have been like a pilgrim or something? He never really told me before.

Anyways, he'd rather me stay here and not pay bills. He probably wouldn't pay attention to the time. And if he did pay attention, he wouldn't wake me up. He'd let me sleep and miss work.

I know it's all out of love, but Silver needs to go to school, and the bills don't pay themselves.

I closed my eyes before I heard footsteps creaking down the staircase. I pretended to be asleep and curled up on the couch.

"Psst...psst...Amy? Are you awake?"

I growled and flipped to my side. "No, leave me be."

"Come on Ames...I can help you sleep?"

"Sonic's being a persistent a-hole..." I thought angrily. I wasn't really mad, but I just wanted to be alone.

I won't understand how ghosts feel until I die. "Maybe the ghosts want to be with their lover constantly because they were alone for so long?"

I was too tired to go any deeper into that thought.

"Amy?"

"Leave me be Sonic. I want to be alone and sleep." I snapped at him.

It was a few seconds of silence before I was lifted up into the air.

"Eeekkk!! Sonic! Put me down now!!" I demanded. I was being levitated above the couch. Sonic took a seat then slowly lowered me onto his lap.