Chapter 13

Rachel’s POV

“Rachel… why is there FIVE guys in your room?” Erick’s voice quivered. “I-uh-they were just trying to help me-” “She had so much stuff, and-and we were helping her with it,” Harry cut me off, stuttering a bit. Erick’s face was red, I could tell he was furious. I always hated when his overprotective side showed, it made him look like a douche. “So all FIVE of you had to help her?” Erick kept exaggerating the fact that there was five of them, which made everything worst. “Oh gosh, Erick. Chill, they mean no harm. It’s not like they were all planning to come here and rape me or anything. They are all gentlemen, so stop being paranoid!” I finally stood up, getting quite a bit irritated at my melodramatic brother. The boys on the other hand, kept quiet, just standing there, terrified. “Ugh, why couldn’t you make friends with FIVE girls instead?!” He threw his hands in the air, angrily walking out. “Uh, I think we should go, I don’t think your brother wants us here…” Liam stated, gesturing the others to leave with him. “THE BRITISH ONE IS RIGHT!” Erick shouted from his room. I shook my had no, ashamed of my brother. “No, it’s fine. You guys can hang for a bit, if you want. And… THEY ARE ALL BRITISH ERICK, WELL EXPECT FOR NIALL.” I screamed back, which seemed to amused the boys. “WHATEVER.” Erick slammed his door shut, and didn’t respond again. Though I had a feeling he was listening very carefully if anything odd happened. 

The boys decided to stay after all, which was quite unusual, mostly guys would run out scared because of Erick. Ha, I remember when Jake couldn’t even knock at my door after Erick found out we were dating. Oh Jake, I really did miss him, but I could tell he moved on and doesn’t miss me any bit. “Rae?” My thoughts were disconnected as Harry’s deep voice took over. “Huh?” I looked at them, all their gorgeous eyes upon me. “Why are you so insecure about your music? You’re clearly amazing!” Harry’s question left me silent. Why did these boys think I was so good? No one has every complimented me like they did back home (expect my parents that is). “Well I was told by my friends I wasn’t very good…” I found myself thinking about Jake again, about what he told me before I left. “Well they aren’t true friends then, and they were probably just jealous!” Liam encouraged, but I couldn’t find myself to believe him. “Did that Jake kid even back you up, he was not only your boyfriend, but your best friend after all?” Jake never really said anything related about my music, but he never insulted it. “No, but he did say one thing before I left that I really didn’t understand.” The boys face grew more interested and curious. “And what was that, love?” I examined them a bit, how did I become so close to these guys? Why did they seem to care about me so much? I wasn’t planning to tell them, since I only met them a few days ago, but something inside trusted them. “He told me to never stop singing, to never stop playing my guitar.”