Chapter 6

~*~

"I'm gonna miss you, Kylie."

I turned around from packing my suitcase to see Allie standing in my bedroom doorway. I sighed, and moved towards her, but she dodged me and sat down on my bed, looking around my room. All the posters that had once been there were gone, all the furniture had been boxed and sent off, or sold for funds. My bed and suitcase were the only things in my room. It was scary seeing it so bare.

"Why can't you just stay?" She asked. I zipped up my suitcase, my lines in a tight line. She rested her head on the bed head, waiting for me to answer. I pulled a face. "Because. I have to go." I dragged my suitcase to the hall, before Allie said something that hit me like a rock.

"You don't have to do this to mum and dad."

I froze, my face blanching. I shivered, before replying. "What do you mean?" I ask, heading to the bathroom to grab my toothbrush and toothpaste. Allie followed me, her eyes watching my every move. "I know you're only doing this to prove mum and dad wrong." She said, her face not showing any emotion. I shook my head, scared that she'd figured out part of the truth. "Just stay." I looked at her, her eyes brimming with tears. I pulled her into a hug, and she didn't shy away this time. She stood there, hugging me back, for about a minute, before dad called us down. "Kylie! Jay's on Skype for you!"

I kissed Allie's forehead, before running downstairs, grabbing my suitcase on the way.

"Hey Jay, what's up?" I ask, throwing myself in a chair in front of the computer. "Whoops, sorry, did I drag you away from packing?" He asked, laughing quietly. I poked my tongue out at him, and he chuckled. "Kinda. What did you want?" I asked him, shoving my tooth brush and toothpaste in my toiletry bag. "Haha, sorry. What time does your flight arrive, and who do I need to look for in the airport?" He asked, amusement strung through his voice. I sighed. "I sent you the links on FaceBook, twice. And it arrives at 6:30am, not pm." Jay drew a sharp breath. "Shit. I hate you." I laughed. "Hey, you were the one who insisted  on picking me up." I reminded him. He laughed, and nodded. "I'm regretting it now, though." Just then, Haylie walked into view on the camera. She smiled and waved. "Hey Kylie!" She said, sitting on the same chair as Jay, making him budge over. "Hey, Haylie." I smiled.

While I was very jealous that she had Jay- oh shut UP Kylie!

Haylie was really nice, and super pretty, and I could see she made Jay happy. We were all good friends, the three of us.

Jay pecked her cheek, before turning back to the Skype call. "So, Lucy is going to move in on January 2nd?" He queried. I nodded. Lucy was one of my oldest friend, who I'd known since- well, almost before birth. Her mum and my mum went to antinatal classes together, and Lucy and I had stayed fast friends since. Jay had graciously agreed to flat share with her, too, but she didn't want to move in with him without me being there. Which, to be honest, is harsh but fair. She's only met him once for coffee, last week I think.

"Yeah, she's in America until New Year's Eve, I think." I said, scrunching up my face in an effort to remember. Haylie whispered in Jay's ear and giggled. He looked at the screen, before snorting. I blinked at them, and they cracked up laughing. "What?" I said, bewildered. Jay emailed me a screen shot of his computer and- oh lord. I looked ridiculous. I cracked up too at that point, and didn't notice my dad hauling my suitcase to the car.

"Kylie! You don't want to be late for your flight!" Mum called. I glanced at the clock in the corner of the screen, and realised I would be late if I didn't leave now.

"Crap, I'm late. See you guys soon!" I said, waving cheerfully, before ending the call and heading out to the car.

At the front door, I turned and had one last look. I wasn't coming back for a while. "Goodbye." I whispered, before hurrying out the door. Richard Parker sat on the deck, looking at me with reproachful eyes. I scooped him up and gave him a quick hug, before catching Dilligas and doing the same. I would say goodbye to Toby the dog at the airport.

~*~

I hugged mum, who had tears sliding down her face, before turning to dad. He was holding back tears as best he could, so I hugged him extra hard. I didn't want them to go all out crazy on me, or I wouldn't want to leave. Finally, I turned to Allie. She wasn't looking at me, but at a boy who was saying goodbye to his relatives near by. I recognised him as Felix, a guy from her school. I smiled, and hugged her unexpectedly, catching her by surprise. "Once I'm through, go get his number." I whispered in her ear. She blinked at me, before smiling, and squeezed me tighter.

"Flight QA782E to London Heathrow is boarding now. Please make your way to gate 12."

"Crap, I'm late." I said, grabbing my bag and rushing through security. I glanced back, and waved, before I turned the corner and lost sight of them. I blinked back tears, as I hurried through to gate 12.

~*~

"Hello, may I get you a drink?" The hostess asked, smiling polietly at me and offering a wine. I shook my head and asked for water. She handed it to me, and I thanked her, before turning back to look out the window. Thankfully, I was sitting in an empty row. Meaning I could lie across the seats and sleep if I wanted. But nah, I was too old for that. I snuggled down into my blanket, and choose a movie to watch. Slowly, I felt my eyes drooping, as I watched Jack get on the Titanic. Before he met Rose, I was asleep.

______________________________________

A/N: Hey guys!!! I can't believe the response I'm getting for this!!! I know it's a small amount, but I am so happy!!! :D xxxx Vote, read, comment and fan!!! xxxxxxx