Chapter 1

• Dedicated to Once this story is completed, I will tag the person who I wouldn't have written

~*~

"KYLIE! YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE FOR WORK!" My personalised phone alarm screamed at an annoyingly loud volume, jolting me awake. I sat up groggily and stretched my back, before dragging my sleepy feet to the bathroom. It wasn't really work I was doing. I was doing a drama devising project with my local drama club, and today was the first session for me. I glanced at the time. I had an hour before I was needed. I brushed my teeth and hair, and grabbed a black-and-white tight singlet, black zip up hoodie and my dad's old jeans, before pulling on a pair of socks and my converse.

Dodging the cats, I hurried down the stairs to grab a bite to eat, when my laptop alarm started singing to me. "Here you go, way too fast; don't slow down you're gonna cra-a-ash!"

I busted some seriously wacky moves on my way over to where I'd left my macbook on the couch, and switched off the alarm. Don't judge my music taste; I don't do the whole 'what the radio plays must be cool' act most people do. Occasionally, they play a good song, but that was rare. 

Opening FaceBook, I went on my mum's wall and started scrolling through. I only do this because she has a tendansy to write stuff about me I don't really want on the internet. Yeap, nothing there. I was safe- for now.

I clicked back to the news feed, and choked on my apple.

Mum had liked a picture that a Clara Hops had posted- and I stared at it, not daring to believe it. I searched up Jay Hops, and found Him. My jaw dropped. It was Him! My oldest friend, bestie of my childhood. I added him quickly, before ditching my laptop to feed my dog, Tommy. When I went back, he'd accepted. I whipped open a chat box, and messaged him.

Kylie: Hey! :)

I waited for a reply, but he went offline. I frowned, and clicked on his profile. He'd unfriended me! I added him again, and messaged him.

Kylie: Don't you remember me? :(

A minute later, he replied.

Jay: Sorry I didn't know who this was but I just remembered you !!

I grinned, early morning adreniline pushing my lips to a smile, and quickly replied.

Kylie: All goods, omg I can't believe it's you! You've changed sooo much!

Jay: So have you :P wow haha

Kylie: Are you going through my profile pictures?? ;)

Jay: Haha you know I am ;) x

I glanced at the time. Oh poo, it was time to head off to drama.

Kylie: Damn, I gotta go :( talk later?? x

Jay: Yeah! Great to talk to you! xx

I smiled and logged out, before grabbing my bag and running out of the house.

I was only a few minutes late to the primary where we were rehearsing. And they hadn't started yet, so I was again safe.

I snuck in and dumped my bag with the others, before searching for Amelia. She was my closest friend at drama, and I wanted to tell her about Jay. Suddenly, someone jumped on my back, and hugged me from behind. "Hey Kylie!" I laughed and turned to hug Amelia back. "Hey! I'm not late am I?" I asked, glancing up at where Steve (the head of the drama club) was sitting, going through his papers. "Nope, we haven't started." Amelia said, slinging her arm around my shoulders and pulling me over to where my other friends were standing. "Dani! Jazz! Rich!" She called, barging through their group conversation. I hugged Dani and Jazz, and high-fived Rich, who isn't the hugging type, before Steve called us together to talk about what we would be doing today. He pulled out his note book, and flicked through the pages. "Right! We have a lot to get through today, but if we work hard, I thought we'd have a game of Space-Jump at the end!" He said, finding his page and starting to read out the list of things to do today. I groaned inwardly. Today was gonna be a long day.

__________

A/N: Hey! So this is my firs attempt at a non-1D related story for teens! (I am one myself so hopefully you like it :D) Please vote, comment, and maybe check out my major story, and it's sequel; Points of View and Love of Four :) xxxx