Chapter 2

~*~

"Oh, he's hot." Amelia said, grabbing my phone and staring hard at the picture. I laughed, and stretched back in the sudden sunlight that had crept through the clouds. It was lunch break, and we had half an hour to chill and eat. We were all hanging around the school playground and going through each others phones. This was pretty normal for a lunch break really, even at the age of 18. I'd wasted no time in telling Amelia about Jay, and she demanded a picture.

"He's changed so much though. And he's one of the few guys I knew in England who doesn't hate me now." I said, thoughtfully.

"New experiance for you, dear." Amelia said, winking as she handed me my phone. I hit her lightly on the shoulder.

"Hey! I wasn't so bad- oh wait, nevermind." I said, having second thoughts after thinking about what I was like younger. I shrugged and threw a handful of my favourite sweets, Tangfastics, in my mouth. Amelia snuck her hand and pinched some, before lying back down next to me.

"Why don't you message him?" She suggested.

"Because it's two in the morning?" I said, disbelievingly. Did she not listen when I said he was my best guy friend- IN ENGLAND? Oh yeah, did I mention I live in the wonderful country of New Zealand? No? Oh well, you know now.

"Oh right, LOL I knew that." She waved her hand dismissively. Laughing, I turned back to my phone and checked my messages. No one I wanted to talk to really. Just then, Steve called us back inside for a final devising session. I got up and dusted myself off, before heading back inside with Amelia.

~*~

"ANYONE HOME?" I yelled, dumping my bag next to the front door and locking it behind me. There was no reply, apart from the scampering of our kitten's feet from upstairs. I hurried up to see what he was doing, but got sidetracked when I saw the photo albums my sister, Allie, had been looking at last night, and hadn't put away. I bit my lip, and looked at the kitten's face looking out at me from behind the half shut door that lead to my parent's bedroom. I smiled, and turned my attention back to the photo albums. "Meh, I'll just have a look," I said out loud, to myself. I sat down on the bed in the guest room, the room where we keep our albums, and pulled one out. Mum had numbered them, and I had a shrewed idea which timing in life belonged to which number.

I flicked through and- YES! I had the right one. I found the picture I was looking for. It was of me and Jay, aged 6 or somewhat- probably younger, actually. He had a gappy grin, and I had the whole tongue behind teeth grin, and we were sitting together on the upper level of the Wendy House, our little faces trying to fit between the bars that stopped us from falling over the edge. I smiled, noting his blonde hair and blue eyes. His hair was now (according to his FaceBook picture) a light brown, but he still had his blue eyes. I still couldn't get over how much he'd changed.

The downstairs door slammed shut and my mum called out to me. "Kylie! I've got fish 'n' chips!" I shut the album with one last, quick look, and ran downstairs. My sister Allie was on holiday with my cousins for a few days, and my Dad was working at a different recording studio about an hour away for the night, so it was just my mum and me. I grabbed the hot paper package and took it to the lounge. I switched on the TV and tucked into the food. Mum got herself a bowl of yoghurt and oats (her dietry filler) and joined me. "Hm, Friends?" I asked her, flicking through the channels. She nodded, her mouth full of yoghurt.

Halfway through the episode, my phone twittered at me. I unlocked it, to find a FaceBook message from Jay. I opened it quickly, my hotdog halfway to my mouth.

Jay: Hey Kylie :) xx

Kylie: Heyy Jay-Jay! xx

Jay: Haha oh god, you remember that nickname? :p xx

Kylie: I gave you that nickname :p xx

Jay: Haha just don't make a habit of calling me it, yeah? xx

Kylie: Haha sure thing, Jay-Jay ;) xx

Jay: Haha shut up :p xx

Kylie: Never!! xx Hey what's your address?

Jay: 19 Forest Lane, why? xx

Kylie: Haha it's a surprise :p ;) xx

Jay: Wah :'( (; xx

Kylie: Bahaha :p no wait what's your postcode? xx

Jay: Why do you want to know this?

Kylie: BECAUSE :p no x's? :(

Jay: Sorry! xxxxxxx

Kylie: Haha I'm happy now :) :p xx

Jay: You better be ;) but why do you need my full address? How do I know you're not gonna come and murder me? :o xx

Kylie: Ok a- how would I get there to do it and b- why would I want to do that? xx

Jay: I dunno haha xx tell me why!!

Kylie: Nooo! xx

Jay: Pwetty pwease? xx

Kylie: Fine. I was gonna send you a letter. And some Kiwi stuff. xx

Jay: Aw no don't spend your money sending me stuff! xx Email me the letter?? :)

Kylie: Nooo it's pointless now :p xx

Jay: Aw go on :) xx

Kylie: Fiiiiine xx be right back :)

I changed from FaceBook to email on my phone, and got halfway through the email before I realised my hotdog was getting cold. I munched a few bites down, before turning back to the email I had half written. I didn't notice my mum watching me as I tapped away at the touch screen keyboard, until I clicked send, and looked up.

"What?" I asked. She shrugged.

"You realise you just let the whole of Neighbours play without changing the channel?" She said, motioning towards the TV screen. I gaped. Had we been talking for that long, really?!

Doesn't time fly.

I got a reply within minutes.

Dear Kylie,

How could I forget you? Ok, so I forgot you once.... but thats not the point lol :p

I'm really good haha :) and I got a pet dog called Mixy. She's really cute. And yes, that is random. I'd better end this here, or I'll be late for school :( haha

Love you too,

Jay-Jay xxxxxx

I smiled, and shut my phone off, and turned my attention back to the food. I was starving. And remarkably happy.

______________

A/N: Hey! Chapter 2 was written on the spot haha, so if it's bad I'm sorry D: ahha xx vote, fan, all that lot xxxx Thank you! xxx