Grey

I rolled over and squinted my eyes against the sunlight streaking through the gap in the curtains.

Sighing, I rose from bed and shuffled to the bathroom, releasing my hair from the band I had wrapped around it as I went.

Products were scattered all over the countertops, an organised mess I liked to call it, my mother thought otherwise.

Gazing in the mirror, I scrutinised my reflection, trying to figure out what I was going to do to control the frizz my hair had turned into over night. Realising it was unrecoverable, I took a quick shower and went to my wardrobe.

I pulled on my boots and raced down the stairs, smelling bacon from the kitchen. My new pack house was a lot bigger than my last one. This alpha here, Kyle, came from a long line of prominent alphas.

We'd only been here two days, but everyone so far seemed really welcoming. Passing Kyle's office, i could smell the scent of my father.

"Hayley," i heard my father call. Groaning internally at being taken away from the tempting bacon, i turned and pushed open the door. As soon as I entered a new scent assaulted my senses. My eyes scanned the room, and landed upon a pair of amazing dark blue eyes. As soon as our eyes meet I felt a pull towards him, stronger than anything i've ever felt. It was magnetic, and immediately I knew what it meant.

"Ah Hayley," said Kyle "this is my son, Mason."

Oh shit.

He stared at me, a blank expression on his face. Slowly a smile spread over his lips and he stood.

"Hi," he said, blinking at me in shock.

"Hello," I whispered back, I could feel my face flaming.

The Alpha's phone rang from his front pocket suddenly and he held it up to his ear and nodded as if the person on the other end could see. Mason just stared at me, a curious smile on his face.

"Reid, John needs to see us for a second." Kyle said as he and my father walked out, oblivious to what was happening between Mason and me.

"You're..." Mason said.

"Yeah," I blushed, looking down.

He lunged at me, and pulled me against him, burying his face in my neck and inhaling. I felt tingle down my spine as his breath fawned across my neck.

"Mine." he whispered into my neck, partly to himself. I could feel his fangs elongating at my neck.

"Well. I didn't see this happening anytime soon. Congratulations son." Kyle said as they reappeared in the room.

"Hayley?" my dad said, hesitantly from the door.

I pulled away slightly and blinked over at them, embarrassed at being caught in such an intimate situation.

After a few minutes of silence, Mason just breathing in my scent, he moved away. His eyes were swirling between blue and black, his wolf surfacing at finding his mate.

"You're beautiful." he said, staring intensely into my eyes, as if looking for something. Acceptance, or joy maybe.

My breath had become laboured from staring into eyes, and I looked away, blushing. He put a finger under my chin and tilted my head up to look at him.

"Don't look away, you are."

Again we just stared for a few moments, my eyes roamed his face, taking in his features. He was breathtaking. Deep blue eyes were framed by dark lashes. His skin was tanned and high cheek bones gave him the looks of a model. And his mouth, oh his mouth. His full lips looked so inviting, and I desperately wanted to lean up and kiss them with my own. Slowing, his tounge came out and swept over his bottom lip, as if he was reading my mind.