Shopping, Loud Cries and Unicorns

Start from the beginning

“Yes! Now how many?” she urges.

“You are insane.” Brian comments, clearly annoyed. “Oww, you didn’t have to punch me! What am I to you?”

“A pathetic brother who doesn’t bother telling his own sister who he meets at school. That includes girls!”

Jennifer has an amused look on her face from overhearing the conversation behind us as well. They have some relationship, I can say that much.

We scan the food court for the others, later spotting Keith’s hand waving in the air, indicating where they were.

“Hey. Who's this?” Keith asks with a small smile at Irene. Brian narrows his eyes at him.

Irene, who completely ignores him was shooting glances between Michelle and Tamara. She turns to Brian. “Is there more people I should know about? Like girls...?” Irene trails off.

“I think you need to shut your mouth now.” Brian scolds.

Irene just looks at him with a blank expression. “Apparently you have to open yours more often.” she points out, sliding into an empty seat. She rests her chin in between her hands.

“I’m Irene. Sadly, I’m related to this dork. Don’t judge me from knowing him though.” She says, pointing to Brian. He glares at his little sister.

“So.....When are you going to.....you know...?” Michelle asks.  

“Next year. I’m happy now that I know some people there other than this weirdo.” Irene points at Brian.

“Why? Is the guy really that bad?” Keith asks, looking amused. I’m sure he wants to get some dirt on the poor guy. Slytherins with blackmail is a bad thing. A really bad thing.  

Tamara hands out some lunch to the others, luckily we got extras. She gave a weird look to Brian, as if she was trying to ask him something. I don’t think much of it though, it’s probably nothing.

We spend some time just catching up, even Keith and Brian are able to communicate without a barrier in the way. Stephen kept on nagging that he was hungry even though he just ate. It got pretty ridiculous. He ended up eating an entire box of donuts after. Jennifer wasn’t too happy.

“For a little guy, he has a big appetite.” Keith comments with an amused look on his face.  

Jennifer groans. “Tell me about it.” Stephen just blinks innocently between Keith and Jennifer. He reaches out and tugs on Jennifer’s arm. “What?” she exclaims, clearly not in a good mood.

“Can we go home now? I want to check if Santa put the presents under the tree yet.” Stephen asks with puppy eyes.

“No.” Michelle answers.

“Please?”

“No.” Jennifer answers.

Stephen’s face starts to twist into a sad face. Before we know it, his mouth opens and he starts to cry at max volume. Everyone in the food court turns to look at us, even the people in line for food. The only sound was the sound of Stephen’s cry. Oh no. Embarrassment is shown on everyone’s faces as Stephen keeps on crying.   

Jennifer clamps a hand over his mouth. “Fine. Fine. We’ll go home. Sheesh.”

***

“Are your parents still mad at you?” Keith asks.

Michelle huffs. “They probably will until Milly is back. I don’t think they will hold it against you though, so don’t worry.” she replies, pushing the door open. Stephen immediately runs to the living room. Jennifer sighs annoyingly and glares in the direction Stephen runs to.