Constellations, Awkward Meetings and Missing

Michelle’s POV

“I want everyone to name, plot out four constellations and create your own constellation. If you’re not done you will have to do it for homework. You may work in partners. Everyone get started.” says Professor Sinistra.

    We’re having Astronomy with the Hufflepuff's today so I go and find Jennifer in the Hufflepuff crowd.

“So let’s get started. Do you have your textbook?” I ask Jennifer.

“Yeah, so which constellation do you want to look for?” I say as I flip through the pages.

“I don’t know, do you want to make one first?” asks Jennifer.

“Sure,” I say. “Let’s start looking for shapes.”

“I found one!” exclaims Jennifer after a while of searching.

“What is it?” I ask. “Plot it out.”

She takes out a sheet of parchment and starts drawing the constellation out. She finally connects the lines together and it looks like a rectangular box. I look at her puzzled.

“I’m pretty sure we can’t just do a box.” I say.

“But it’s not a box! It’s a rice krispie.” she says happily.

“Yeah, of course it is,” I say, “Let’s start looking for the other constellation.”

“Let’s look for our star sign constellations.” says Jennifer.

“Good idea.” I say.

I start looking for Aquarius while Jennifer starts looking for hers. Soon I find it and plot it down on a sheet of parchment. Jennifer soon finds hers. Before we can start finding the last two Professor Sinistra says,

“Class is over now, you may leave.”

“I guess we’re going to have to finish it another night.” I say.

“Yeah, I guess so.” replies Jennifer.

We pack up our things and start walking down the halls, which held a few students, trying to get to their dorms. It was already pretty late. I say goodbye to Jennifer as she heads off to the Hufflepuff common room as I make my way to the mine. Suddenly I hear footsteps emerge from behind me.

“Michelle!” I hear, turning around, I spot Tamara jogging over. She takes a moment to catch her breath. Whatever it is, it must be serious. She can get in serious trouble if she was spot.

“What is it?” I ask cautiously. I mean it has to be serious, right? If not, it could have waited for tomorrow. Right?

“It’s Milly.”

***

I couldn’t sleep that night. I knew Milly had been acting out of place recently. But to the point where she isn’t in her dorm by curfew? And Melanie not noticing? Nothing seems to make sense.

Despite getting literally three hours of sleep, for once I wake up before Helda. I swing the covers off and quickly get dressed. I don’t know what time and is. But at the moment, I don’t care. I need to know if Milly is alright.

I race down to the Great Hall and bump head first -literally- into Keith. Great. Now I know my timing is no better in the morning either. I feel him shoot me an odd gaze, seeing me up this early in the morning. I brush past him like I would with anyone else that I don’t know. Screw him.

I swear, all this happened after our ‘fight’.

I spot Tamara at the Gryffindor table along with a bunch of other early birds. I walk over, anxious to hear about Milly.