Ok, deep breaths.

~Recap~

"We knew something was up between you and our brother." Temari stated.

"HAHAHAHA!!! Gaara finally has someone who likes him. Well actually in love with him!" Kankuro taunted.

"Shut up, Kankuro. Before I kill you." said a voice I didn't want to hear right now from behind me.

I turned around to face Gaara, arms crossed as usual and no expression as usual.

Oh shoot! I practically confessed I was in love with Gaara, and he heard every word! Oh no! No no no no no no NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~End recap~

~Ok, deep breaths.~

*Raksha's POV*

We stared at eachother for what seemed like forever.

"Raksha... We need to talk." he spoke first.

I nodded, mute, and followed him as he started walking somewhere.

When we were a safe distance from hearing range of both Kankuro and Temari, Gaara stopped and perched himslef up in a tree. I joined him, on a different branch.

It was silent for a few moments. I couldn't take it anymore,"What exactly did you hear, Gaara?" I asked in a strained voice, staring at the ground below my feet.

"Everything. From the advice to the end." he answered quietly.

I nodded,"I understand, you know. I just hope this doesn't really change anything between us. You are, and always will be, my best friend, Gaara." I spoke softly.

I saw him look at me in shock from the corner of my eye.

"What do you mean?"

"I understand that your feelings are different and that you only want to be friends. And that I can except. I understand that I am not good enough for you. I always knew I wasn't-" he cut me off by surprising me by being right in front of me, he had me up against the tree trunk, not forcefully, just pinned by his body which was so so close...

"How could you even think that, Raksha? That you're not good enough for me?" he asked softly.

"I-I've always been a mistake. I've always made mistakes, and, I'm always on the run. Not having a life, friends, family. But you, you have those things. Well, you could have it all if you'd choose." I didn't meet his gaze until he took hold of my chin gently and brought it up so that I was staring straight into his eyes.

"Don't you ever think that you're not good enough for anybody. Especially not me. Understand, Raksha?"

I nodded, not trusting my voice.

"Raksha, how long have you had these feelings for me?"

"A year after we met, I realized I was slowly falling for you, even though we were mere kids. It took me another year after I had left to realize I liked you more than a friend. Then when I was 10, I couldn't stop thinking about you, I realized then and there that I was in love with you..." I whispered, avoiding eye contact.

He nodded,"It was the same for me."

I looked into his eyes in surprise,"What?"

"I'm in love with you as well, my little Raksha." he enveloped me into his arms, burrying his face into my hair,"Why do you think I've been so jealous lately? Why I went burserk when you were protecting that little genin? Why I held your hand possessively in mine? Because... Because I love you, Raksha. I love you and I don't ever want us to be apart again. I wouldn't be able to bare it."