Reunion

Oh, when I say Thunder, I mean Lightning, because for some reason, I just say thunder 'cause they're usually together. So, Ima try and say Lightning from now on but if I slip up, I'm sorry!

~Recap~

It was silent again until the sound of the door being opened echoed through the small room,"Gaara! Look who came while you were gone!" Kankuro said excitedly, standing up.

I did the same before turning around and facing the boy I used to know so well,"Gaara..." I whispered, pulling out the jar, the sand was so frantically trying to get to him.

He did the same with the jar with the elements I gave him and whispered,"Raksha..."

~End recap~

Chapter 2

*Raksha's POV*

"Yes. It's me... I've come back for a while." I stated, not knowing whether to embrace him, shake his hand, or what.

"You've grown..." he stated, his voice was rough and cold, but its tone was disbelieving as he just stared at me. He took a hesitant step towards me,"Raksha, is-is that really you? In the flesh?"

I smiled,"Yes Cookie-Bear, it's really me." I said, chuckling as I used my old nickname for him,"Which reminds me..." I rummaged around in my bag that I had had for years and pulled out a big paper bag and handed it to him.

He took it and opened it,"COOKIES!!!!!!!!" he pactically screamed as he took a big bite out of one.

Me, Kankuro, and I'm guessing Temari, chuckled while he downed all of the cookies,"Still in love with cookies I see, Cookie-Bear." I teased

"Oh chush... nom nom... Doggie-Tail!" he mumbled through a mouthful of cookies, using my old nickname.

He gulped down the rest of the cookies, rubbing his tummy,"Those were good. Where'd you get them, Raksha?"

"A little bakery in the Village Hidden in the Leaves."

He nodded while Kankuro stood in disbelief,"Dude, I've never seen you show that much emotion before... All  of that because of a girl and cookies..." he shook his head.

Gaara stared at me intently and took another step towards me,"Raksha, please... Is this not another dream? Are you honestly here?" he begged

I nodded with a smile and walked the rest of the way to him, caressing his cheek in my palm,"It is me, Cookie-Bear." and I hugged him like never before, which he returned just as tightly.

"I've missed you so much for 6 years..." he whispered into my hair

"I missed you too, Love-Bug(yet ANOTHER nickname I gave him since his marking on his forehead stood for love and he always used to love watching bugs)." I whispered back, burrying my face into the crook of his neck and inhaling his scent with my eyes closed, savoring it.

My eyes shot open and I stiffened in his arms, this he noticed and pulled away reluctantly,"What's wrong?" he asked, worry creasing his face.

"You smell of that of blood. Sand and blood..." I looked at the container on his back and gestured towards it, asking if I could see it.

He complied by taking it off of his back and handing it to me.

I sat it down on the floor and opened the cork lid. The smell of blood over powering my senses. I quickly put the cork lid back on, breathing deeply of the fresh air coming from the opened door.

"What's wrong?" Gaara asked, kneeling down beside me.

I glanced at him from the corner of my eye, making it look like a cold glare,"When did you break your promise?" I hissed.

It was his turn to stiffen up,"How'd you-"

"The scent of human blood REEKS from your special sand!" I growled at him, cutting him off,"When. Did. You. Break. Your. Promise?" I asked again through clenched teeth.

"A few days after you left..." he answered in a cold tone again.

"Why?" I demanded.

".... My uncle... He was given an order from my father to kill me... And he said that he had hated me because he blamed me for my mother's death when I was born... I didn't know it was him until after I had used my Sand Coffin on him, and he was dead after telling me his last words... Ever since then... I've just been killing for the heck of it." he said while staring at the ground.

"You broke your promise! You swore to me you wouldn't kill anyone! That you wouldn't end up like me and let your beast take over! Gaara... I don't blame you for that first time but... The rest.... How could you?!" I fumed

"I'm sorry for breaking my promise... Butu, after that first kill... There was so much pain... With you and my uncle gone... There was just so much pain, I wanted others to suffer like how I did."

"Gaara..." I hugged him. I couldn't help it. I didn't like that I had caused so much pain,"This is my fault... It's always my fault!" I whispered into the back of his neck and a little into his hair.

"No it's not. Don't blame yourself." he said, hugging me back.

"Yes it is! If I had been more careful and had been able to stay here with you, none of that would have happened! I would've been the one to kill your uncle, not you! You would still be pure and have a normal life if I had stayed!" I whispered frantically. It was all my fault. I caused him so much pain without even realizing it! How could I do that to the only one I cared and loved for?!

"Raksha... It's fine. Shakaku would have come out eventually. You couldn't stop me then."

"I could've tried!"

"You would've gotten hurt, because you wouldn't want to hurt me and that would've gotten in the way of you stopping me."

He had a point. But we still had no one to blame but me.

"It's still my fault..." I whispered yet again.

"Ok... Sorry to interupt this little 'reunion fest' but, we have Jonene exams coming up this week, and we gotta get packing." Kankuro interupted us.

I pulled away and stared at him, confused,"Jonene exams? What's that?"

"Its an exam where we get to see if we make it to a Jonene level ninja." Gaara explained.

"Yeah, and this year, it's held in da-dadadada! The Village Hidden in the Leaf!" Kankuro informed

"Hey, at least you'll be able to get some more of those cookies I got you, Gaara." I told him, pinching his cheek.

He swatted my hand away,"Yeah yeah yeah. Do you wanna come?"

"Sure! I'd love to! Hey, maybe I can take the exam too?"

They exchanged looks,"We'll ask our sensai, but, it's more than not likely to happen..." Kankuro spoke.

"Hey, we can at least try, right?" I encouraged.

"Yeah." they agreed.

We started to pack our things. Well, I helped them pack their things. My stuff was already in a bag.

I couldn't wait to see if I could join in on the Jonene exams... This is gonna be fun if I can!

There's Chapter 2! Hope you liked it! COMMENT! Thank you!